#1 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

The Private Message function is working better now.  It had required "Friending" a person to use, plus recently the Friends lists were dumped, so sending any internal messages was difficult.  I asked the LLS folks to delete the "Friend" requirement for sending Private Messages, and they have done that (thanks Michelle!).  Now anyone can sen a Private Message to anyone else without the Friending thing getting in the way.  The "Direct Message" function (different than a Private Message) still requires Friending for some reason.

There is no notification on the LLS Living With main pages that a Private Message is waiting to be reviewed.  You must click on your Avatar to see if you have a Private Message waiting.  It may be best to tell someone inside another posting that you sent them a Private Message so they will look for it.  Probably should not clutter the Board with new posts just to provide a Private Message notices -- just my take on it.  Also, the Private Message system has a limit of 5 messages, which counts those in the Inbox and also in the Sent box.  It is best to uncheck the "Save in my Sent Box" before sending your Private Message, and also delete messages quickly to avoid filling up your 5 message limit.

Thanks again to Michelle from LLS HQ for her quick response to this request.

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hi Trey,

Thanks for sorting this out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users