4 replies to this topic

#1 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Merry Christmas / Happy Hogswatch / Yuletide Greetings to you all.

My fifth Xmas on Gleevec which feels quite significant given the 3 to 5 year prognosis of pre-Gleevec days.  Those five years have taken me from being worried that if I died my children wouldn't remember me, to the point where this is probably the last year when their attitude to Santa is still more 'belief' than 'humour Daddy'.  Touch wood, the Gleevec is keeping me in a stable MMR and the side effects aren't too bad overall, so I continue to get on with my life and try not to let my CML define me.  I still think of you all often though, and hope that all the old stagers are doing well and that the new arrivals continue to find this site,  as I did, a great source of information, support, comfort and humour.

May you all have a wonderful holiday season and the confidence to look forward to many more.  May you also have healthier gums than mine if you are going to try to bite through the fat end of a large carrot to make it look like Santa's reindeer have visited.  Ouch!

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Merry Christmas Phil.

You were one of the great people on this site that helped get me through the initial shock of being diagnosed with CML.

May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter & goodwill and may the year ahead be full of contentment & joy.

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thanks Phil and may all of you have a blessed Holiday and New Year.

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I also wish a Very Merry Christmas to Everyone, and Happy Holidays to any other holiday you may be celebrating.

I was diagnosed on Christmas, and felt it would be my last Christmas Celebration with my family and friends.  It was the worst Christmas I had ever had, and will always remember that day.

Now today,  I AM CELEBRATING MY 15TH CHRISTMAS  since diagnosis, and still amazed at what the Gleevec has done for me.

I will celebrate a Happy New Year, and continue to pray to see the cure of CML in my lifetime. Happy New Year to all!!

May God Bless All My Friends that I have gotten to know on this website.

Susan

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Happy Holidays, PhilB!!

It's always great when you pop in here.  All the best to you and your family!

Marnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users