#1 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

ASH 2013 begins 7 December. Abstracts are available online and show some interesting developments.

https://ash.confex.c...gram/start.html

There are several papers linking Vitamin D levels and synergistic response with TKI's to limit CML progenitor and stem cells.

One paper, in particular, is noteworthy:

https://ash.confex.c...Paper56924.html

As it turns out, I learned last July during my first Physical in some 15 years that I was very low in vitamin D ! (D < 17) (http://www.lef.org/m...d-Levels_01.htm)

And probably have been for years - certainly leading up to CML diagnosis. I began taking 10,000 I.U. vitamin D3 as prescribed by my primary physician (which becomes Vitamin D in the body) to increase my blood level.

Over three months I was able to increase my vitamin D level from 17 to 29 ng/ml and recently it is now 49 ng/ml (once I started to take it with food that has fat). My goal is to get my level to around 60. I am now on a maintenance dose of 5,000 I.U. per day.

Adults are recommended to take at least 5,000 I.U. per day of Vitamin D3. But having it measured twice per year is necessary to know for sure if you are taking the correct amount.

As some here know, I have been trying to get to PCRU - hovering just above it for over a year. I take low dose Sprycel in combination with Curcumin which has given me satisfactory results. However, when I started to increase my vitamin D level, three months later my PCR level was cut in half. I go for my next test in a week or so and maybe this time I will be PCRU.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#2 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

"Thus, these results establish that ICC, a clinically used derivative of vitamin D3 has a clear activity in CML progenitors by itself and a major synergistic effect with Imatinib. The combination is not toxic to normal progenitors. This would suggest that ICC could be used in clinical setting, especially if in future experiments, a synergistic effect could be observed with more potent second generation TKI such as Nilotinib and Dasatinib."

Thanks for the links scuba.

Glad i am taking my daily Vit D.

#3 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hi Mic,

Any new information gathered this year of stopping or points towards cure progress or non ? The statistic is still around 3% which is 40% of people who is in CMR could stop for over a few years duration... i am holding my breath for the functional cure theory to be realised...

#4 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

See also   ASH2013 - New Orleans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users