1 reply to this topic

#1 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with this.

Before dx my resting HR was around 50 bpm, slightly lower when really rested. Technically this is already bradycardia but it was normal for how fit I was at the time.

I've been on gleevec 13 months, interferon 3 months and now tasigna 12 months.

When I was on gleevec my HR seemed relatively unchanged. I don't know what it was doing on interferon - to tired to notice - except on the last day when I did the pre tasigna ECG it was 43 bpm. I'd had an anesthetic earlier that day, so we decided that was the reason, at other times it was normal. Then a few months ago I was mucking around with my mums blood pressure cuff and noticed my HR was 40, which was really surprising as we had a few hours before ridden 60k in the hills - I would have expected a HR in the mid 60s. Since then I've noticed that there are times when my HR is around 40 sitting down or low 40s standing up. It can be like that for a day or two and then go back up to normal - in the 50s. I seem to function fine with that HR and it will increase during exercise. I've been dizzy a few times upon standing up but that could have been due to dehydration.

Since noticing this I've done a holter monitor test for 24 hours. Of course this did not coincide with a period of low heart rate but it did pick up quite a few missed beats. I'm doing a stress echocardiogram in a couple of weeks.

Feeling my heart beat so slowly kinda freaks me out!!!

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

The primary reason for low heart rate is high intensity athletic training when young.  Mine is below 50 in the morning.  But the heart responds when needed, so no real problem.  Unless the EKG shows other abnormalities, the issue is benign.  Oddly, TKIs are said to potentially influence heart rate in both directions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users