22 replies to this topic

#21 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi Annette,

Wishing you all the best, hopefully Iclusig turns out to be the drug for you. I read on another forum of someone's story, they had been on all the TKIs, plus a couple of others that were in trial, Iclusig is the one that is working for her.

#22 Tex

Tex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • LocationFront Range of the Rockies, Colorado

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

I am hardly an expert on "all things transplant."  That said, I know a helluva lot more about them than someone who've never been through the process and has gained what one considers relevant information from simply reading.  However, your comment, referenced above, does seem snippy to me.

If the question is about the advisability of a transplant then I agree its valid to ask, "why?"  That wasn't the question.  The question was "where?"  If you feel it's the function of these forums to force people into questioning their doctors advice, I disagree whether it's the CML forum of the Let's Talk forum. 

I mean, we ask the same question on the AML forum when the person comes expressing doubts, confusions, fears, concerns, etc.  That was not part of the question at hand as it was asked..

So, thanks.  I do not believe anything I've typed on this thread has been "snippy" -- until possibly now.  Please feel free to report any and all posts you ever see from me as abuse, if you think I've been abusive.  Otherwise, I'll not comment on your style and I would appreciate the same courtesy returned.

#23 Tex

Tex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • LocationFront Range of the Rockies, Colorado

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Usually the only thing the docs want to take care of well in advance of things is checking siblings and, maybe, get a potential donor count...assuming that it would need to be an allogenic (from a donor) transplant.  With some diseases they can treat and transplant our own cells.  I do not know if that's an option with CML.  If the doc is suggesting you pick out a place to have it done, my guess is that s/he's further along in his/her thinking and planning.  If you're just wondering in case, then that puts things on a different time table/

shof6405 wrote:

I don't want anyone getting upset with someone else due to my post.

I'm afraid you just waled into a "pre-existing" situation here.  Please don't take it personally or feel responsibility for it.

The transplant forum is going through a weird period.  We usually have a core group of people who respond to the posts.  Recently several of our regulars have been called away by the lives they were fighting for and have Gotten a life, so to speak.  In the meantime, not that many new people have found their way to the forum.  So I'm pretty much the only person house watching at the moment.  I do apologize you only got one response.  There are others who should be around sooner or later.  Don't give up on us,

Blessings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users