Photo

Input from others much appreciated - heat flashes still severe after 7 yrs Gleevec ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markandelly

markandelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Reduced to 200 mg , still random major fatigue and heat flashes or feeling overheated & sweating to great extent even when others are not

#2 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I get them too but I don't have any answers on how to prevent it. I know it's not menopause because I went through that in my 30's due to surgery. I was through with hot flashes for years then they started back up again. I don't know if its due to CML or Gleevic. I have a problem with the very top of my scalp all of a sudden over-heating. One night it was so bad I put an ice pack on top of my head which was very soothing. As far as the random fatigue, my thoughts are to listen to my body and try to lighten your load and squeeze in some power naps if possible.

#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I am either freezing where it feels like ice running through my veins, or I get very warm at times.

The Power Nap has been a absolute need for me even after all these years of being on Gleevec.

I went through Menopause many years ago, so no idea what causes it.

#4 markandelly

markandelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanks to both of you for your input.  My husband has the cml so its a little differnt w/men I think w/the hormones possibly causing the sweats.It was one of the first main symptoms when he was dx in '05 so for them to return again lately was a worry.  Thankfully his blood test yesterday showed no abnormal white cell count but very low potassium.  He's also stressed out & stress is prob. the culprit is my guess. So, good news re the WBC, now to get more potassium going in. Yogurt, bananas, G2 drinks.

Has been on 200 mg for less than 3 mo. , still hoping to feel better on a regular basis.

What a roller coaster this last 7 yrs has been....Im are counting our blessings at the same time knowing how much he overcomes every day its bittersweet.

Thanks again, good luck with your progress.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users