Photo

Is there a "Gleevec rash" that can be detected by biopsy?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 siracuse@netsync.net

siracuse@netsync.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hi there,

I seem to vomit in the evenings.  Most time I eat dinner just fine, take my gleevec and then promptly through up.  I am sure it is the gleevec.  Can be very inconvienant.  And because I have other pain issues, and different meds I take it can be quite frustrating.  Like, right now I am having a flare up of nerve pain in my right leg  and am taking pain meds.  I am feeling like a dishrag.  And just a bit depressed.  But, all will be well soon enough I hope.

#22 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

I've thrown up a couple of times with the Gleevec - usually within half an hour of taking the Gleevec and once it is out, I feel perfectly fine.

Initially I thought I hadn't had enough food, but when I did it the second time, I've come to the conclusion it was taking it with another medication, not sure if it was the imodium or maybe a pain killer. I have a reasonably strong stomach, never had food poisoning (that I'm aware of), but if I go to take an asprin or anything in that family, up it comes.

If you're eating enough with the Gleevec, maybe look to take any other meds a little bit apart from it - if you do take things together. Only a suggestion, from what I've experienced.

You need to make sure that you get your Gleevec. Some of the others could comment on whether there are similar nausea issues with Tasigna or Sprycel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users