1 reply to this topic

#1 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hi there, hope everyone is doing ok.

Almost three weeks ago I flew to Europe to visit my family, after one week of staying overthere one  night all of the sudden I've experienced shortenss of breath while laying down in my bed,

I have never had any shortness of breath before, I got very scared and the same night they rushed me to an emergency room where they did an EKG, blood pressure and oxygen level, everything was ok. I was told it was just an anexiety since I was stressing out a lot ( my dad is in the hospital etc).

I''m back home now since Tuesday and almost every night while I'm laying down in my bed trying to sleep I have a feeling that my heart has stopped working and some sort of shortness of breath where  I need to eaither turn or move to start breathing again..when sitting and walking I feel ok. I already saw my cardiologist And He suggested for me to wear a holter monitor for 48 hours to check on my heart, I  wore the same monitor like two years ago that was right after my CML dx due to my various complaints of dizzy spills and feelings of irregular heart beats, at that time all was ok.  I've also had two Echocardiograms of my heart since my dx and both of them were normal too.

I'm very worried since I have never experienced any shortness of breath before. I'm taking 600 mg Tasigna for 20 months now and that is the only medicine I ever took for my CML.

My PCR is still detectable but my doctor said it is very low and that I'm in MMR. Btw I'm 38.

Any input, opinions or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

Dina

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi Dina:  You said you only got this after going to England to see your family, and that your Dad was sick in the hospital.

This could very well be just anxiety.  You also said it happens at night when your trying to sleep.  I know with me, I do a lot of thinking and worrying before I fall asleep at night.  All your tests are coming out normal, therefore, I would just see if it gets any better now that your home.  If not, then I would get a pulmonary function test to be sure your lungs are okay.

I have COPD, and I get shortness of breath.  I did smoke years ago, and I have always had chronic bronchitis also.

You said all your other tests came out good.  So I hope its just a case of anxiety which you can manage in many ways.  Try to relax.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users