• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 super99

super99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Is there a difference in Sprycel that comes from a different pharmacy?  I started Sprycel in June 2012 and had some side effects including bright red face but hadn't had any itchy skin until after I started Sprycel from a different pharmacy( from OptimumRx to Curascript) due to a change of insurance company a few months ago.  I took Xyzal and Hydroxycin to help with the itchy skin, but they make me dizzy and dehydrated.  The itch is on my face, ears, along my jaw line, and my neck.  I also had some hives or red blotches on my neck.  Is anyone able to relieve the itchy skin naturally (without Rx)?  Thank you for any suggestions, comments, and answers.  BTW, I had started on 100 mg of Sprycel lady June but changed to 70mg 3 weeks ago.

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hi,

Your Sprycel should be exactly the same. You may have built up a sensitivity to it and it has just coincided with the change of pharmacy.

Sorry I can't help with the rash, I'm still on Gleevec.

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

When I started Sprycel, I had the red face, but no rash.  Two years later, I am having an awful time with an incredibly itchy rash along my neckline, and now working its way up my scalp.  My guess is that you have built up a sensitivity.  Seems like I've heard a number of people who start having rash side effects at about 2.5 years on Sprycel.  Let me know if you find anything that helps.  So far, nothing is working and the rash is driving me crazy.

Marnie

#4 super99

super99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Geryl,

Thank you for your insight.  You might be right. Most of my side effects seem to come and go (and stay). 

Sup 

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Has anyone tried Benydryl?               Billie

#6 super99

super99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I had the red face, too, after starting Sprycel. I feel like having extra heat on my face and wanting to put my whole head in the sink full of ice cold water to cool down.  But just two weeks ago, I've started having itchy rashes on my face and now it's on my jawline and ears.  I took Xyzal in the morning and Hydroxycin at night.  They help with the itch but these meds made me dehydrated and Hydroxycin made me dizzy. So, I stay with the only Xyzal only.  Elidel cream also helps with the itch, too.  I just started  trying Egyptian Formula cream, a drugless cream, but I think that will take a while to help with the itch or it might not help.  I'm sorry you have to deal with the rashes like I do.  I will keep you posted if I find anything that helps with the itchy rash.  Thank you for sharing your journey with me. I don't write a lot but always appreciate everyone posting here.

#7 super99

super99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

I tried Hydroxyzine, which is similar to Benedryl, it made me very sleepy even just half of the dosage. So, I decided to stick with Xyzal only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users