I feel like I'm always being picked on

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi everyone,

It's 3:30 am and I can't sleep,my brain won't stop working. .I'm back on Sprycel 50mg. so far so good. I'll be getting a chest x-ray every month for several months. Our drive to Pittsburg to see that other onc about a second opinion, went well he agreed to let me go on Sprycel again. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out. I hope your doing okay Pat, hopefully we won't have to deal with a pe anymore.

While we were driving to Pittsburg our service engine light went on and stayed on all the time, Ron checked under the hood everything seemed okay. So we made it to Pitts. and back home safe and sound, you know how calm I am I'm clutching our auto membership card and the cell phone . The next morning we took it up to our mechanic, we blew a head gasket, and a whole bunch of other things had to be done. It cost us $1100.00 to get it fixed. But at least we didn't have to buy a new car. I'm always saying I'm going to blow my head gasket, not my car.

So everything was fine for a few days and out of the blue the cancer center called me and said I had to have some iron infusions. Remember 2 summers ago I had 3 and then I had the allergic reaction. Iron Pills make me so sick, so they are trying something else, (I hate it when they say that). They are giving me tylonal.(I really don't plan on having a headache that day, then benydryl, then steroids, then the infusion medicine. It will take about an hour for each transfution, I'll probably walk out of there looking like Little Lotta!

That same day I got a call from that plastic surgeon I went to see, I'm not having the surgery I was looking into. But he noticed this mark on my face and he did a biopsy he just shaved a bit off the top. He called, it's a basil cell carcinoma! I've had them before actually I've had several skin cancers plus the melanoma. I have all kinds of scars and gouges where they had to remove them. But this is the first one on my face. And it's about 3/4 of an inch to the right of my mouth. I'm really scared of this one. I thought about not having it done, but it would just turn into a melanoma. I just hope this guy is good. He is supposed to be. I'm afraid I'll wake up looking like the elephant man. I'd like to convince my ins co to pay for the damage the Gleevac did to my eyelids. Oh well I'll just keep on using scotch tape! What a rotten year since last May for me. Hopefully things will get better for us.

One thing I always had was a sense of humor to get me through the rough times. I sure hope it comes back.

Welcome to all our new people, I see we have quite a few. All the wonderful people on this discussion board will help you get through this. And as you read the board you'll see that a lot of us go through what you are going through. And remember everyone of us has felt the way you do right now.   Sincerly Billie

#2 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Oh Billie, I don't have anything wise to say.  You just sound so down I wish I could give you a big hug.  When it rains it pours, right?  That's the way it feels sometimes, like if one more thing happens, we'll just snap, or break, or crumble....  But for some reason, it always seems to get better. 

#3 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hey Billie. Sorry you are having a rough time, i wish you all the best in this difficult time.

You have always given me comfort on this board, and i hope you feel better soon.

I will have a glass of wine tonight and raise a toast in your honour and to your good health!

Teddy.

#4 teb

teb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi I'm sorry your having such a difficult time. I wish you only sunny days going forward. Question- I'm on gleevec, what happened to your eyelids?

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi Rissa, Teddy, & Teb,

Thank's for your good wishes! Rissa I know your right everything always turns out okay. My mom used to say that all the time and she was right. I always say there is a story for every grey hair we have especially when we're raising children. Those days are over, but I do have 2 wonderful grandsons ages 8 & 10 and they are perfect, and can do no wrong.!!! Yeah Right. They're really good boys, but now is the time when they'll start getting their street smarts from other kids.that's so scary. In this day and age.

Teb I was being dramatic when I mentioned my eyelids. I was on Gleevac for 3 years and my eyes were always puffy, so when I went on Sprycel my eyes were not puffy anymore but my eyelids are droopy now. Not like a Bassett Hound or anything, just not the same as they were before Gleevac. I just figured if I had to go under the knife from a plastic surgeon, he could take pity on me and throw a few freebies in. No such luck!

Teddy I have a glass or 2 of wine every night with you. Guess what my Plastic Surgeon is from Sweden. His name is Gunnar Bervquist. I'll never be able to pronounce his name. I just hope he's good.

Take care everyone   Billie

#6 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Billie I hope he is good also. Love you

#7 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Marie,

I have all these ideas if it doesn't turn out right.  A tattoo, or a washboard mustache think thats what they call them ,you know the kind that go down the sides of the face and curl up at the end. Napoleone Bonaparte had one. Pancake make up--I'll use bisquick pancake mix and slop it on let it dry and use ooo sandpaper to smooth it out. Then I'll go to one of those spray tanning booths. I have a big wedding coming up in August I guess I better start getting ready June 1st. I can see me dancing at the wedding and this big pancake falls off my face. Guess I better not dance to wipe-out, or the chicken dance. Oh God I hope they still don't do those dances at weddings. If all else fails I always have duct tape.                 Love Billie

#8 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

Funnnnnny!

#9 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Oh, Man.  I was hoping for some positive news from you on the plastic surgery front.  I'm so O-V-E-R my jowls and was hoping for a good report from you.  Oh, well.  There's always tomorrow, right?

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#10 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hi Billie:  Little late in responding to all your problems, but knowing you they will all be worked out eventually.  Your posts are so good for everyone to read, especially our new people so they can see how we still laugh even at the worst of circumstances.  Your Positive attitude is what gets you over every hurdle.

I  do hope this plastic surgeon can do what is necessary for you.  Please keep us all posted.  Your always in my prayers.

Susan

#11 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hi Antilogical,

My surgery is may 17, so I'll let you know how it goes. I am going to ask him to throw in a few freebies like chin jowls eyes wrinkles etc. The only thing that doesn't sag on me anymore is my ears and I suppose that's gonna happen too. My momma didn't tell me about all this stuff she just said my knees were going to sag. Well they're sagging all the way down to my ankles. Wish me luck Billie

#12 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi Susan,

I am so confused, how in the HELL did I end up going to a plastic surgeon to see about getting a breast reduction, and end up having to have surgery done on my face?  I wonder if his eyesight is okay.  Boy if he can't tell the difference I'm in big trouble. The boob surgery is out, he gave me a shot in my shoulder for the pain, the skin cancer on my face is the only thing that wasn't bothering me and that's what he's operating on!           Thank God for all your prayers and wine.                  Love Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users