• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

About a week after my needless BMB, I started having pain in my gluetus maximus muscles and I have to take a ibrupropen.  A few days it does not bother me but a day like today it is. I was diagnosed in Jan 2012 and reached MMR a few months ago, and as people tell me on here that I have also reached CCYR.    I should have been more informed of the fact that I did not need another BMB and aspiration, but I guess I am a little dummy when it comes to my CML.

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hi Marie:  They go in right above the buttocks area when they do your BMB, and the pressure causes pain in all the surrounding tissue. I also would get bruised in that whole area that would last for awhile.  I am a hard stick, and the clinical trial doctor had such a hard time getting the sample out of me.  I used to only get Lidocaine, and it felt like he was coming right out the other side of my thigh with the instrument.  My husband used to take me into NY by train for all the months that I was doing the trial.  I hated the trips where I knew I would get a BMB.  I have a bad back, and he used to knock my back out on me everytime.  I had to bring a rib belt with me for the ride home so I could sit between the buttock and back pain.  It took me awhile before I got some relief, so if you are having discomfort its common with a lot of us.

Did you tell your doctor that your not doing the BMB anymore?  Just insist on the PCR testing if your at MMR.

If he or she gives you a hard time, then just tell them that all the people you know are only getting PCR testing.

You can use me as an example.  Last BMB was in 2001.  PCR testing now since then with no problem.

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Susan I am glad you know about that, I already still have muscles over my ribs that still gives me problems. No I have not told him, but  I will when I see him, Thanks

#4 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Mariebow: Even the Norwegian guidelines state that if you have stable MMR, you shouldnt need any more bmb`s, and our guidelines are pretty strict (4 mandatory bmb`s minimum), so if you are holding MMR, there shouldnt be any need for more bmb`s. I too had a lot of pain after my hipbone bmb, had trouble walking for a few days, i stil felt it a few weeks after, but then the pain went gradualy away.

teddy

#5 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thanks TeddyB when I go back to see my onc I will be well equipped with information about my response.  The pain in my hipbone is getting less, but the butt muscles continue to be a little troube but ai anticipate that will soon leave, here's hoping.

#6 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hi Marie,

I have a question for you. How can you be cleaning sticky candy off your nightstand, and smack yourself in the Butt?   Lots o Luv Billie

#7 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Billie you know I really do not remember, but I think I had my hand on the top of my hip, and it brushed down where the bmb was, I saw this because it happened again a little later in the week so I think that that is what happened.  But I know this it was like someone had shot the area with a hot heavy slug with fire ant stinging venom, it hurt like something I had never experience, I know this sounds so dramatic, but I did not want anyone to brush up against me.

#8 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hi Marie: Your explanation of what you feel with the pain after a BMB is so precise.  You said it very well.  Its so hard to explain to someone what it feels like.  Hope you get some relief real soon.

Susan

#9 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

I remember how surprised I was to find that for my first BMB/A they did both hips! For about 10 days I had these very painful tennis ball size lumps on both hips. It took me a year to figure out why they were so large and painful and then I realized I had 340,000 white blood cells circulating in my body just waiting for an injury to defend the answer I finally understood why.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#10 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wow that is something.  You know we are in the 21st century there should be an easier and painless way to have the BMB's.

#11 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hi Marie,

JUST SAY NO!!!..Man they would have to catch me first before they ever tried to give me another one.    Billie

#12 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users