• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rich1403989321

rich1403989321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

I've been on Gleevec now for 2 weeks.  My WBC decreased by 65% after 1 week.  Is that what others have seen?  My red counts do point to a low level of anemia.  Again, normal (or as "normal" as you can get).

thanks,

Rich

#2 LLawrence

LLawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

It's hard to know how to answer your question without more info.  What were your starting counts?  In other words, did the 65% reduction take you from sky high to normal or from normal to low.

#3 Poihths

Poihths

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

My WBC count went from 423 to normal and stable in about five weeks. It nosedived at first, then took a dip below normal before leveling out, like a student pilot trying to land an airplane. How many times have you had a count done? In other words, how many data points do you have? If you only have two or three tests, take comfort in the fact that you seem to be headed in the right direction and be nice to yourself so that you can relax until you have more data. If you do have enough data points to make a curve, look at the curve; if it's got a nice down slope and your medical team is happy with your progress, I would advise a prompt visit to your favorite celebration locale. (For me, that's a particular donut shop that is constantly trying to arrange things so that I have to have the doors on my house widened.)

It is perfectly acceptable to ask your medical team for reassurance. That's one of the things they do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users