Here is a summary of my situation
* Slow responder on Gleevecs
* Moved to Sprycel - No side effects
* 2 Med breaks because of low platlets, after first one moved from 100 mg to 70 mg.Sprycel
* Went to a Leukemia Specialist, as my doc was loss on what to do because my PLts and ANC would not bounce back
* Restarted meds after 4 week break
* Had bone marrow, DNA testing and a new work up at Specialis
* No mutations found
* Bone marrow PCR was at 29.00 and blood PCR was a 2.34. I think the variance is a 4 week drug break
* My blood counts - plts and anc and starting to trend south similiar to the other two events
* Specialist said if both Plts and Anc fall together we need to try new meds and/or consider a BMT
* 60 to 70% success rate at their location
* THE SPECIALIST REFUSES TO GO LOWER ON SPRYCEL DOSE.
* Speialist wants to have another PCR taken in a couple of weeks which is only two months from the last one and stated the DNA test shows alot of Philly cells. Wouldn't blood pcr(2.34) follow bone pcr(29), showing a trend up unless they would reach an equialibruim before they start to head down.
Q. Does anyone know how the DNA bone marrow test differ from the other PCR test? Is one test better than the other ?The Specialist did not want to talk until she had DNA results, so she called me and wants me to come in.
Q. Is it to early to do another blood PCR, being two months apart or is Specialist looking for something?
Q. How many folks that have taken breaks, how long do your breaks last and how many have you had?
What would you do based on this info above? I am getting a little nervous here.
I have an apt. in early april to discuss.