• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Don't know if it's the CML, TKI's or number of birthday candles on my cake but my entire body is heading downhill. Shoulders, feet,arms, legs every joint, ligament and tendon hurts at times. The latest is carpel tunnel and trigger fingers. My ortho scared the stuff out of me Thursday when he said that if I ignore this, I could be paralyzed in my arm. So tomorrow left arm carpal tunnel and trigger release of 3 fingers and 1 thumb (duh) surgery.

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Wishing you the best on your surgery, and hope it makes a big difference for you.  I know what you mean about all the aches all over the body.  I am hoping mine is just old age.  Let us know how you do.

Susan

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hey, Woofwoof. . .sorry to hear this.  I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.  Best of luck in the surgery, and be sure to follow directions for your recovery period. 

Take care,

Marnie

#4 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hope your surgery went well today.  Take it easy.

Rissa

#5 Barb@Anderson

Barb@Anderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Woofwoof, I know what you mean about the aches.  I have never been a complainer but since developing CML and taking Gleevec, I feel like a BigMac truck hit my body and I am so short of breath i.e. I just walked out to the mailbox and when i got back to the house my heart was racing and I was definitley short of breath.  I have had EKG, chest xray, two types of breathing test done and the lung dr said it was from the Gleevec.  I don't understand how the Gleevec can be the cause of all the things going on in my body.  I know my family avoid talking to me since I always feel as if I'm complaining about one thing or another.       Sorry to get off the subject.  Hope your surgery went well.  Maybe we all can one day have a med that can cure this stuff and we can all get our lives back.  We can at least hope.  .   Thanks for being a sounding board, Barb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users