Photo

Tasigna: Is there a Generally Acceptable "Window" Around the 12hr Dosage Timing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bagdaddi

bagdaddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I find myself slipping around the every 12hr dosage window to a range of 10-14hrs between doses.  Would like to understand how regimented others are around the 12hrs and if there is a consensus around how close to the 12hrs window we need to be. 

Thanks for your thoughts. 

#2 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hi bagdaddi,

Dr. Drucker says that you can do 16/8 dosing intervals on Tasigna because of Tasigna's half-life.  I do 13/11 with no issues (6AM and 5PM).  I have done 14/10 before, and do sometimes if I have to, but personally I feel like by the time the next dosage comes after the 10 hour interval, I feel crappy.

How's the heart?

#3 bagdaddi

bagdaddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hey - thanks for asking.  Heart is doing better (I think).  Still have the ventricular tachycardia that I don't think I had before the Tasigna (but who knows).  I now take blood pressure medicine for the arrhythmia (not for high blood pressure).  Hard to tell if it is helping because I don't feel the arrhythimia's (only showed up on the holter monitor). 

I do continue to see a number of folks here with heart related symptoms/questions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users