Photo

Dear colleagues what can make fever elsse cold?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mabdou2005

mabdou2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAlex Egypt

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

Dear All

Happy new year and mary christmas. Last wednseday night my temprature rise to 38 c without any sign of cold ( nominated, cough , chest pain ) the only sign i had in that time is bone paiin I thought that it 's may begining of cold  so  i start to take antibiotic zisromax  it is always work wirh my in 2-3 day and finsih  any cold i had befor and also i deccided to decrease my dose of S to 50  gm . Becouse my last cbc my ANC was 1.27 (it was 1.29 than 1.01 than go up to 1.27) but unfortunately friday afternoon my temp become 39 c and i was very tired .i go to hosiptal near my house becouse my ONC is off Thursday and Friday  the doctor in hosiptal find my temp is 39 with no sign of cold so he dout  that i have tyvod fever and ask my to make  some test for cbc , SGPT, SGOT,URINE ANALYSIS ,WAIDAL TEST FOR TYVOD  . And he change the antibiotic to AUGMENTIN 1 g twice aday and injection ( ketolgin) 100mmg for fever one time aday i take the injection immadiatly and after one hour my temp go to 37.5 but after 6 hour it rise agin to 39 c i can sleep most of satuerday night becouse of fever amd i tray all kind of cooling my head withe coold water and ice but no any decrease in temp .also i take ibrouphin 400 mmg .after many hour my temp go down to 38 and i sleep . Saturday after noon when i weak up i call my ONC and explain to him what happen with my and he told my to bring all the test i do it immediataly when i  have it and go to him

I just recive now all the test as follow

Waidal  test for tyvod   Negative

Sgpt                              47

Sgot                               40

Urine                   All normal expect   Rbc 2-5    Normal is 0-1

Pus cell 2-4 normal   0-1

The good thig is the cbc

Wbc is 6.6  last it was  4.6

ANC  is  4.03 last it was 1.27

Haemog  is 11.5 it was 12.5

RBC is 3.47 it was 3.99

It will go to my ONC AFTER 6 hour from now

My qustion is wat can be another reason  for fever ?

M abdou

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Many possible reasons for a fever.  Probably not related to CML.  Your WBC counts rising suddenly shows it is most likely a virus or infection.

#3 mabdou2005

mabdou2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAlex Egypt

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I just comeback from ONC he till me that this is virus  and it will take 7 to 10 days to finsh so he put me on 2 injection /day for reducing my temp during this time and if ther is any other sign  happen i call him  but overall he till me don't warry

I hope so

M abdou

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users