• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hello everyone.  My apologies for dropping out for awhile.  As I mentioned before, Em was dx'd with eosinophilic esophagitis.  We got her food allergy tests repeated in September, and it turned out she allergic to a LOT - eggs, milk, wheat, soy, oats, beef, pork and lamb.  So these last few months for me have been full of chemistry experiments in my kitchen, trying to figure out what I can cook for her, in between haunting the aisles of various grocery stores to get the specialized ingredients.  I spent 10 h in the kitchen yesterday, baking cookies and making Christmas candy she can eat, too.

Em is doing well.  Once we eliminated all those foods from her diet, she put on 6 lbs in 3 months, so she has actually gained weight for the year and even grew a few inches.  Her sisters both grew more, but as her weight was at a deficit in September, I'm just happy she gained for the year!

Can't remember when I was last on, but I did get my first ever ZERO on my PCR... maybe in August?  Honestly, I can't remember when I last saw the onc, ha, ha!  And for all I know, I posted it here at the time, and I can't remember that, either!!!    Like Phil, CML is taking up much less of my time these days.  My kids are in that busy phase, so when I'm not cooking everything from scratch or at work doing my day job, I moonlight as the part-time family chaffeur and/or cheering squad on the sidelines.

Life has been pretty good, all things considered.  For all those who have had other health scares, my heart goes out to you, as I know what the worry can do.  I hope it all goes well.  For those of you who have joined in the last few months, please know that your life will regain some semblance of normal.  With current therapies, you are likely to live a nice long life.  Make it a good one by getting out there and living each day "with the Christmas spirit in your heart".  (Yes, I watched A Christmas Carol last night.)

Hugs to all,

Traci

#2 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Merry Christmas to you also

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users