• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Calalily

Calalily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Ok so i had the choice of starting Tasigna or Gleevec and saw Doctor on Thurs. As i'm hoping to come off the drug in a few years to hopefully have a baby the consultant was slightly happier to prescribe Tasigna 300mg BD . I start it next week BUT it's just going round and round and round  in my head that maybe i should've gone with Gleevec because of the safety aspect, ease of taking it without fasting and would hopefully get the same response albeit possibly it would take longer-.. At the end of the day even though i really want to have a family, i know i have to put my own health first. Is there more serious side effects with Tasigna with the high blood sugars, cardiac risk etc? I have had a baseline ecg which is fine. I know it's showing that you can get a quicker response initially which would be fantastic but long term have i used up an option by bypassing Gleevec. I'm sorry guys, i'm wrecking my own head so i'm sure this probably sounds like i'm a bit mad!

Calalily!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Tasigna is a good drug.  All have downsides.  I would stick with your Onc's recommendation.  You can use Gleevec in the future -- it is NOT a "pass by and lose" proposition. 

#3 Calalily

Calalily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Trey! 

Started the Tasigna yesterday, so far so good just a headache which i can manage. Have to back into the hospital next week for the bloods so fingers crossed they'll respond as they should!

Best wishes,

Calalily

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users