3 replies to this topic

#1 Dina36

Dina36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi guys,

I've been on Tasigna for almost 14 months now and haven't really had any major side effects except some dry skin especially

on my face, I was able to go to the gym and workout, so everything was almost like normal and I was feeling ok.

For the last ten day I've experienced some episodes and feeling like I am going to faint or collapse. On the top of my head it

feels kind of numb and lot's of pressure, my legs feel heavy and I feel kind of weak all over, sometimes I also feel like I got lost for a few seconds,

my right hand feels some tingling sensations also some mild numbness. Some days I feel better but it does come back.

I can't go to the gym anymore and I really hate to feel this way.

My recent PCR Test was three weeks ago showed that I've reached MMR. All of my EKG's were normal and four months ago I've had echocardiogram

of my heart and that was normal too. I did call my oncologist and told him about my latest symptoms he just suggested to go and see my primary doctor.

Does anybody know what's wrong with me? I wonder if this is a side effect or something totally different from CML.

Thanks everybody!!

Dina

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

No clue, but it can be very hazardous to faint at the wrong time.  Be careful and go to see the doc soon. 

Possibilities: blood sugar issues, anemia, thyroid issues, low blood pressure, & many others. 

#3 cam_kris

cam_kris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

wow this is crazy, i have been on tasgina for the last 7 months, i have been perfect and all of the sudden i too have had the heavy feeling in my legs, and  bit weak, but i also have had some nausea  not bad but still it was there.

I have not had any

fainting spells but my hands have been numb in the morning once in awhile.  we have had some kind of bug going around here but its strange we do have a couple of the same symptoms.

I thought it was like i said just the flu and now i wondering??  I never called my onc just because didnt think tasgina had anything to do with it.

I just came back from the dr today and all blood work is great.  I did tell my primary about it and she didnt really think it was anything to worry about, just may be the flu...interesting

if you find out anything let me know ok,

thanks and good luck!

Kris

#4 Badger

Badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

After reading your symptoms, I was going to tell you to get an EKG because they were similar to how I've been feeling with atrial fibrillation.  Then I read that you already got one.  Um, nevermind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users