2 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

So I've been on Sprycel for about two months now and doing fine on the CBC. My first PCR since switching from Tasigna will be in about 3 weeks. I do all of my testing in Wisconsin, where I am insured and I live in FL for a fellowship program 8 months out of the year. My question is this. Can my doctor order a PCR for me so it can be drawn at a hospital here in FL and then sent to the Blood Center of Wisconsin where I get all of my testing done? Does anyone have any experience with having their blood fedex'd or what the cost would be like on my end or if insurance covers something like that? I would really like to save myself the cash on a plane ticket back to the mother land if I could. Thanks for your help. -Josh

#2 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Why not ask your Doctor? Regards, Frank

#3 CindyS

CindyS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Josh,

My insurance will pay 100% of the cost for my PCR tests if I go through their lab.  They send me a kit with a release form for me to sign; instructions and a chain of custody form for the lab technician to complete; and packing materials and a prepaid FedEx envelope and label.  I just take it to my local lab to have the blood drawn and then take the package to FedEx for shipping.  I make sure to have the blood drawn on Monday or Tuesday so it's at the lab early in the week.  It goes from Arizona to Oregon and it's shipped in box and then in a special FedEx envelope marked Clinical Pak. 

I don't pay for the shipping myself, so I'm not sure what the shipping costs are, but I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than an airline ticket!  Good luck!

Cindy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users