Photo

Do you have to be exact on the 12 hour wait to take your Tasigna?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cam_kris

cam_kris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi

I was just wondering if everyone stays on the 12 hour waiting period before you take your next dose of Tasigna?

It works great for me to take my afternoon dose at 2pm but this getting up every night at 2am is for the birds.

i finally get to sleep then the alarm goes off, take my dose, and lay there for another hour to get back to sleep.

then i wonder why i am so tired!

I thought I saw somewhere on here that there is a 3-4 hour give either way. 

I dont  want to mess anything up but if i can take this at even midnight, that would really help

Thanks for responding!

Kris

#2 djm

djm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

I take mine at 10am, 10pm.  The only thing that sucks about this, is that I sometimes oversleep, primarily weekends, and will miss having a breakfast.  Otherwise, this timing has worked pretty well for me so far.

As far as, the whole exact 12 hour thing goes?  I don't really know.  I thought I did read, and I think it was on this forum, that someone was doing a 16/8 hour schedule.  Basically take one in the morning, then again 8 hours later, then again the next morning.  I think is how it went.  I think though you'd have to definitely run it by your onc first and foremost.

#3 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Someone previously posted that their pharmacist told them the doses can be taken in an 8-14 hour window, and the food thing is the most important.

#4 cam_kris

cam_kris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

great thanks guys!!

#5 Ray99

Ray99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

djm,

I have the same schedule, which I think is the most convenient.  My Onc said that +/- 1 hour of the schedule time is OK.

#6 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I take my Tasigna at 6:15AM upon waking and 5PM.  No issues.  You can do 16/8 as a dosing schedule, but I don't like to do anything closer to 10 hours apart because I feel a bit worse when I do so.

#7 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

I went to a seminar sponsored by Tasigna this year and the experts there stated that a 10 hour separation was adequate.

I take mine 1 hour before breakfast and 2 hours after dinner.

#8 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

This was shared with us by Cometbro on a previous thread;    (Dr Druker is the onc that led the fight for the creation AND production of Glivac et. al., for those who were not aware) :

"I was concerned about the timing of Tasigna and was really worried about taking it on a strict schedule because that can definitely affect lifestyle.  I decided to email Dr. Druker regarding my Tasigna schedule and regarding drinking alcohol.  This was his response:

"The half-life of Tasigna is long enough that 16/8 hour interval should be fine.

An occasional drink is fine as long as your liver enzymes are normal.

Sincerely,

Brian Druker, MD"" 

A search of past threads can be a gold mine of information.  I would encourage others to repost relavent past posts for us to revisit, and to share with new members,  Jack

Jack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users