7 replies to this topic

#1 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

So I woke up today with a rash over most of my body.  On my face, chest, arms, back and legs.  The rash is small red dots, not very raised, almost flat.  It does not itch. I noticed a few red spots on my neck and face this past weekend but now it's all over me. I have been taking Sprycel almost 15 months now and have never experienced anything like this before.  Could this be from the Sprycel or something different.  I am also getting over a bit of sickness.  I had a headache and nausea for about 5 days no fever though.

Thanks,

Kim

#2 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Kim - When was the last time you had a CBC and what were the platelet counts? Sprycel can suppress the normal immune system - especially Neutrophils and Platelets.

The suppression can come and go and needs to be monitored when "symptoms" appear. Red dots/rash over the body especially ones that are flat and don't itch could be a sign of Petechia (low platelets), but without a CBC there's no way to know.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#3 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Scuba, my last CBC was in July and was normal.  I go in for my next CBC  next week.  I had low platelets when diagnosed but since the end of August 2011 they have been in the normal range.

#4 August1

August1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hi Kim,

It sounds like I have the exact same thing after having been on Sprycel for about three months. Mostly on my abdomen, arms, and back. My CBC/Diff and all counts are normal. PCR is also good so I'm responding to Sprycel. My oncologist took a look today and thinks it's related to the drug and suggested we take a "watch and see" approach until my next appointment in two months. Did you ever get confirmation on your issue?

#5 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hey Wespahr,

By the time I got to my next onc.  appointment my rash was gone.  I mentioned it to my Dr but she didn't say either way if it was from Sprycel or not.  I don't remember how long the rash lasted, at least 2 weeks though.  I have never got that rash again.

#6 August1

August1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi Thanks for the feedback,

I noticed mine just starting about two weeks after starting Sprycel. Since then it's been slowly progressing and spreading. Only seems to itch in spots like my scalp and neck. A little on abdomen. May have to see a dermatologist to get some feedback.

#7 super99

super99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I have rash and other skin issues  after taking Sprycel. These side effects come and go. Went to see dermatologist and got steroid topical cream, Trianex.  Last month, rashes on both ears and they were very itchy and burning. Again, using Trianex helped.

#8 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I had the rash on tasigna and  on sprycel. It was hot and painful and on my face. However i just take an anti histamine every night now and that has kept it at bay.

Alexq

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users