#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

You can get the same compound (chlorogenic acid) by drinking coffee.

#3 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

We can also find chlorogenic acid into green coffee bean and dandelion coffee (also dandelion tea).When I was diagnosed atrial fibrillation in June 2003, I stopped to drink coffe (one or two cups per day). In August 2004, I had CML. Between 2009 and 2011, I was PCRU. In September 2011, I lost the CMR and I was staying on a plateau (CCR). Some months ago, I started to drink coffee at breakfeast.  In the last PCR, I was PCRU again !!!!!

With atrial fibrillation, I can't drink coffee. May be, I will try green coffee or dandelion coffee.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Chlorogenic acid, a compound in coffee, and black tea raise total homocysteine concentrations in plasma. Chlorogenic acid could be partly responsible for the higher homocysteine concentrations observed in coffee drinkers. Whether these effects on homocysteine influence cardiovascular disease risk remains to be established "

Extract of Consumption of high doses of chlorogenic acid, present in coffee, or of black tea increases plasma total homocysteine concentrations in humans.

"The active constituent in coffee that is responsible for its many health benefits is a compound called chlorogenic acid. It neutralizes free radicals, and addresses the problem of hydroxyl radicals, both of which can lead to cellular degeneration if left unchecked. Chlorogenic acid also helps regulate metabolism. Compared to green tea and grape seed extract, green coffee bean extract is twice as effective in absorbing oxygen free radicals.

One of the advantages of using the green coffee bean extract is that the negative effects of coffee are avoided. The chlorogenic acid is thought to boost metabolism by changing the way glucose is taken up by the body. And it does contain caffeic acids, which give a boost to energy levels like regular coffee does. But unlike boiled coffee, green coffee bean extract contains no cafestol, which is a diterpene. Along with its diterpene relative kahweol, cafestol increases concentrations of the 'bad' cholesterol, LDL, to levels that over a lifetime might increase the risk of coronary heart disease by as much as 20% These diterpenes also had an effect on the levels of liver enzymes measured. When these are elevated it is an indicator of stress on the liver. However the study that measured this found this was a transient effect, and also that the levels of liver enzymes were much lower than those with liver disease. Other benefits of green coffee bean extract include an increase in the effectiveness of pain killers, especially for migraine medications; a reduction in the risk of diabetes; and assisting the body burn a higher proportion of lipids (fats) compared to carbohydrates, which could help with muscle fatigue for athletes and bodybuilders."

Extract of Coffee Benefits - Move Over Green Tea

"Green coffee bean extract is a new ingredient on the market.It has strong anti-oxidant properties similar to other natural anti-oxidants like green tea and grape seed extract.These Green beans have polyphenols which act to help reduce free oxygen radicals in the body (in other words acting as good antioxidants). Green coffee bean extract is sometimes standardized to 30 to 50% chlorogenic acid, a compound present in coffee which has long been known for its beneficial properties.Boiled coffee drinks contain cafestol which is associated with the negative effects of using coffee as a stimulant, this is not present in green coffee beans or the extract. 

This natural supplement has been mentioned on the Dr. Oz TV program several times as a potential fat burner that helps with weight loss. Is this claim true? "

Extract of Green Coffee Bean Extract health benefit and side effects - does it help with weight loss?

More information at Can dandelions kill cancer?

#4 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

trey my doc. told me not to eat any anti-oxidant and let the tasigna do the work ...what do u think ?

#5 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

There is one article on this subject: Antioxidants:Useful Supplements or Should We Refrain?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users