4 replies to this topic

#1 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm having my gallbladder removed next Tuesday.  I was wondering if anyone in the community has experience with this.  Any problems after surgery?  Will I have increased nausea with gleevec?  Will I be even more tired than I already am?  Etc.............

Rissa

#2 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago when I was 22.  This was a few years before I was dxed with CML.  I laid in bed for a couple of days and then found strength to gingerly get around.  Recovery for me was fine, and I pushed myself to drive back to school sooner than I should have, but it wasn't too bad.

I was tired for the week after the surgery but I didn't have any problems with nausea.  Just eat like they tell you at first so that you can ease your digestive system into it.

Otherwise I can't give any insight on how things are with TKIs, but all in all there are worse surgeries!

Taylor

#3 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

From everything I've read, it looks like I'll have to cut back on all the fatty foods I love.  Oh well, need to lose the weight anyway.    Thanks for responding Taylor.

#4 Kiddospoet

Kiddospoet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

I had my gallbladder removed in 2009.  I was informed by my surgeon that some people have continued problems with fatty foods, while others do not.  I personally went over a year without any issues after the removal.  I have had three surgeries, and the gallbladder was the least complicated, and easiest to heal from.  Each person is different and responds differently.  But I felt better, and was definitely not tired or in pain of any kind. Good luck!!

#5 chuckles570

chuckles570

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had my gall bladder out about 2 years after being diagnosed with CML. Mine was taken out after a colostomy reversal surgery that was already scheduled. I haven't had any problems with my meds and haven't really made any changes in my diet. Hope all goes well for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users