6 replies to this topic

#1 doti274

doti274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hello!

I am on gleevec since 3 months .My first RQ BCR ABL showed 9,2%.I didnt make this test before starting therapy so I cant compare .My dr say is a lot so i become worried:(

But i achieved normal blood response after 1 month and feel great.

Do you think 9,2% is really so bad?

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

The PCR numbers are best used compared to your previous PCR results, but you have none.  For one lab a 100% result is the same as another lab's 10%, so by itself the number cannot be deciphered.  So the number needs to be compared to the lab standard and converted into a log reduction number.  So if your PCR result represents a 1 log reduction, that would be a good result at 3 months.  So ask your Onc to have the lab convert your result into a log reduction number.

#3 Johnc

Johnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Dorata

Did you go back to your Onc and find out your Log reduction? Did he change you from Gleevecs to one of the other meds?

Johnc

#4 doti274

doti274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

John,I didnt come back because i live too far. But she didnt tel me about changing meds.I cant find out my log reduction because they didnt make me pcr before i start gleevec.But i read many posts and i see that many people have about 100% ocr at diagnosis .Soi started think that 9,2% maybe be good results especially i feel better and better.....

#5 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Trey and Johnc are asking about your log reduction compared to the lab average, not to an earlier test.

#6 Johnc

Johnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Dorata

I would follow-up and ask the question as Trey has framed it. You must be responding or I would think the Onc would have changed  your Meds.  There is a lot coming at you all at once and sometimes it does get confusing keeping track of all the terminology. What I find helpful between visits when a question I have comes up,  I log it into my journal and at apt. day  I have a list of 4 or 5 key questions to ask the Onc. It is sometimes tough to remember everything so I write it down.

Good Luck

Johnc

#7 doti274

doti274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

My dr got this results by telephone so i dont nothing about log reduction.I ask next time....

Thanks for your replies...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users