Rethinking Curcumin

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

geez Lucky,

What kind of business trip is that? Suicide by mechanical bull!!  I bet your butt feels like it has two bones growing out of it. I bet you were walking funny for a few days.           Billie

#22 Johnmontoya923

Johnmontoya923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hi there,

I Really liked your comment, Just got back from getting my blood work done. I too am taking Sprycel and Curcumin together. The Doc's now want me to take 50mg of Sprycel because my white blood count and my platelets are now too low. I have to go again this Friday and get my blood drawn just to make sure everything is ok.

jon

#23 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi Jon,

Good to hear from a fellow Sprycel + Curcumin user. How much Curcumin have you been taking? Dr. Cortes had me stop Sprycel in order to get my counts back up and out of the "danger" zone before re-starting me on 20mg. Sprycel. Assuming your counts are not as low as mine were, it may be a different path for you. You may even be able to go lower than 50mg. Sprycel. Does your Doctor know you are taking Curcumin?

I have switched to a new Curcumin formulation (PM me and I'll share the new Curcumin I am taking). I continue to experiment in order to see if I can achieve better results.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#24 Johnmontoya923

Johnmontoya923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi there again,

I wanted to tell you about the curcumin that I take, one capsule has 750mg. It is called CuraPro from EuroMedica. They claim to have a high bioavailablity, great clinical studies, a high orac value and healthy immune response. I too also have very low platlet count. I been recently Dx with CML, and doing everything possible to find a cure. I also do other alternatives as well and would love to share with anybody who is interested. I am a Chinese Medicine practitioner. I use acupuncture, herbs and nutrition to treat my patients. And, ironically, I specialize in cancer. But I have never treated leukemia, until now.

#25 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hi Jon,

No cure for CML, but if we're vigilant, we might get a "functional cure" - we might be able to outlast the disease by keeping pressure on the cancer stem cells so they die out. CML is a stem cell disease. We have to kill the CML stem cells. Sprycel (and the other TKI's) do not kill CML stem cells. But studies have shown that CML stem cells can die off if they never get to reproduce successfully.

750 mg Curcumin is not enough. Dr. Aggarwal claims we have to take 8 grams equivalent to get enough blood plasma level of Curcumin sufficient for blood cancers.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users