• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Badger

Badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

I switched to Tasigna a while ago because of PE issues with Sprycel, and am now having problems with elevated lipase.  I am now on 300mg once a day (half the normal dose), and still have a lipase level above normal.  I'm having no other side effects and feel better than I have ib the last couple of years.  I'd really like to stay on Tasigna if possible.  Any suggestions how to get the lipase under control?

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

It depends on how elevated it is.  Has it come down since our previous discussion?

http://community.lls.../message/144103

If you do not have pancreas pain, then you may be able to work through it over time on the current lower dosages.  It seems that a number of people here are doing well on lower dosage Tasigna.

#3 Badger

Badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

After first starting Tasigna it went to 637 (393 is the upper level of normal), dropped to 248 after stopping it for a week, went to 221 after a week on a half dose, and now is at 475 after another week.  I realize this isn't anything to get overly excited about--just getting sick of not being able to stay on a full dose of anything. 

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Not everyone needs full dosage.  The full dosage is determined by trial and error and is not a "one size fits all" proposition.  If a person does well on half dosage, then that is the right dosage for them.  Doing well is a mix of continually dropping leukemic counts (FISH and/or PCR) and a reasonable quality of life.  Overall, your sentiment is completely understandable.  But you can get through this. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users