4 replies to this topic

#1 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

I am so frustrated with my oncologist.  On June 4th I put in a prescription renewal for my Sprycel after my pharmacy told me my old one had run out.  So the pharmacy faxes in the new prescription form.  My onc. got it but did not send it back.  I know they got it cause I just talked to my cancer center trying to get this prescription renewed and they said they saw it but didn't send it back.  Well my onc doesn't come in till Wednesday.  I told them my last dose is Thursday.  So they tell me to call the pharmacy and have them fax the request again.  So I do that but the pharmacy won't process it for 24 to 48 hours.  So I called back the cancer center and asked for my Dr's nurse to call me cause I have a direct number to the pharmacy to order the prescription.  I got that number when I first called my pharmacy to see what was up with my prescription.  Still waiting on the nurse to call back.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Kim

#2 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Problem has been solved.  My Dr's nurse is awesome and took care of it.  She also found out that I can get my meds at the Hospital on base and set it all up.  They have some there now, so I won't go without any.  I'm feeling better!

#3 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

It's good to vent sometimes. Glad everything is straightened out for you.

#4 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks Rissa.  It's feels better not having to worry about one more thing right now.  This last month has been crazy around my house.  I dented my car.  Then we had a bad hail storm come through.  4 broken windows, a roof that needs to be replaced.  Then our AC unit broke down during the 100* days!  It is now fixed but it cost a pretty penny.  So I am waiting for all the estimates then the chaos when they fix our house.

#5 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ouch!  You are having a rough time, aren't you?  Hope your insurance covers some of that hail damage.  I think the weather has been crazy lately.  I was sitting out on our deck yesterday and I was chilly.  This time of year is supposed to be hot, humid, and miserable. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users