Photo

Can you take other pills with Tasigna at the same time?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Usually I try to space out my pills so I'm not taking them at the same time but now I'm on lovely amoxxicillian because I have an abscessing tooth. Can I take that at the same time I take my Tasigna? It's hard trying to work these pills in. Grrr..

Laura.

#2 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hi Laura,

I try not to take anything else at the same time as Tasigna, but since the antibiotic is temporary, it will probably be fine if you have to take some of the doses at the same time.  Hope you're feeling better by now!

Elizabeth

#3 Johnc

Johnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hi Laura

I would ask your Doctor  and then ask a qualified pharmacist. I take my BP medicine 12 hours opposite of my Gleevec as I think it is easier on the liver and other systems in my body and would minimize negative interaction.

Johnc

#4 katiekatjacob

katiekatjacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

There's a really good summary of which medications might have possible negative interactions with Tasigna here: http://www.netdoctor...es/tasigna.html. But definitely be sure to ask your doctor about any medication you want to be on at the same time, even if it's not on that list.

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hi Laura,

I'm on different meds also, I space them as far apart as I can, but I always have to take at least 2 at a time. The only thing is I always take my Sprycel without any other meds,and I make sure it's been a couple hours since I took any med, and I wait a couple hours after I take it before I take anything else. Otherwise I just take my other meds when I think of it. It's really hard to space meds apart when I take so many and some I have to take twice a day Uggg! Oh you sure have my sympathy, an absessed tooth, probably everyone of us has had one at one time or another that's a pain you never forget. I hope you're feeling better

Sincerely Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users