Photo

36 years old, diagnosed with CML 3.5 weeks ago.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 0vercast

0vercast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Without trying, I lost about 25 lbs after starting Gleevec, and then my weight pretty much plateaued at 205-210 (6'4").  I can't seem to gain a pound no matter what I do, and occasionally drop one or two.  I'm happy with my weight at the moment, so the issue is not a concern.  A little while back I tried a 10 day experiment where I was piling on the fat and calories, drinking whole milk, eating chocolate cheesecake, junk food, and spoonfuls of peanut butter daily, trying to double my recommended daily fat and calorie intake.  Gained maybe a pound, if that, and it give my a stomach ache.

#42 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Its good to know im not alone in this.

Seems the Gleevec wants me down a few more lbs, but i wont let it, at least not now.

Seems like a lot of people actually gain weight on G, but i guess that it takes some time until the body settles down a bit more, at least in our case.

I too can get a stomach ache when eating to much now, but i feel i have to sometimes, to keep the weight.

My onc said i should start gaining weight after my body settles down, so all i can do is trust him on that

PS: Going to my first party after DX tonight (nothing to wild, just a gathering with 10-12 friends and dinner), will be abit exiting to see how that go`s, i am bringing 1 bottle of wine, and i thought if i keep it to 3 glasses throughout the evening/night i should be fine, don`t want to shock my body to much during starting phase of the treatment. Also ill keep a drink of water close at hand all the time to keep hydrated, just to be safe. Hope all go`s well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users