kreuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

Anyone can help me analysis my report?many thanks

46, XY t(9,22) (Q34, Q11.2) 46 XY (13)

*Philadelphia chromosome present

I started Gleevec 400mg on last year Nov, my last three blood test as below, currently my onc want to increase my dosage from 400mg to 600mg for faster response in cytogenetic remission. does it make sense?

DEC 11

HB:8.5

TWC:6.0

PLT: 277

Feb 12

HB:8.7

TWC: 6.5

PLT: 264

Apr 12

HB:9.7

TWC: 7.0

PLT: 262

#2 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

These numbers don't mean much without your BMB results?  How many BCR-ABL tests have you had?

#3 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi Kreuz,

Your BMB result 46, XY t(9,22) (Q34, Q11.2) 46 XY (13) means:

• The 46 XY bit means you are a human male (okay, possibly a ground squireel, or one of a few other animals with 46 chromosomes)
  • The t(9,22) etc means that you have the CML translocation
  • The important bit is the 46 XY (13) at the end which means that 13 out of the 20 cells were normal ie CML free.

That works out as 35% CML positive which is bang on a partial cytogenetic response? which is the target for 6 months so you just squeak into the 'optimal response' band.

From your position you could arguie for any option out of stay on 400, switch to another drug or increase to 600.  I would only go the last of those routes is you have been pretty well side-effect-free on 400.  If you want a faster response then a more powerful drug (if Sprycel of Tasigna is available to you) would generally be a better bet than increasing the dose of Gleevec, but that's only my personal opinion.  If you are absolutely fine on 400 G then one can see the attraction of increasing to 600 to see if you get a faster response as 'the devil you know'.

#4 kreuz

kreuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

i find out the report cant see the words "BCR-ABL", this test is fall under PCR test right?

#5 kreuz

kreuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Thanks for answering my question act i'm from asia country- Malaysia. the Sprycel & Tasigna is available in my country but the cost is 2x of Gleevec.I will see my onc 2 weeks after, and will have my another BMA very soon.

Yes, my current side-effect only some fatigue & muscle cramps with 400mg. I think another reason that trigger my onc to increase the dosage is because my blood work all the times no yet hit the "bottom line"....

#6 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hi Kruez,

I too from the same country.. Apa Khabar?, ,, I was dx 2010, I think you will need to refer to your PCR test. There is a milestone to achieve, base on Norvatis recommended report.

Normaly for 1 year you will need to achieve CCR, the doctor is right to increase your dosage. However you could change to second generation drug to have better response, if you want.

I am currently at 400mg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users