5 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixPat

PhoenixPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Coming soon - Living Well with CML Summit, May 5, 2012 in Broomfield, Colorado

Free of charge, and specifically for patients and care team members, the forums were developed by The National CML Society with support from Novartis Oncology. For more information and to register go to www.CMLPatientSummit.com

Saturday, May 5, 2012 — 10 am - 2 pm

Aloft Broomfield Denver
8300 Arista Place
Broomfield, CO 80021

Presenters:

Eric Feldman, MD

Dr. Eric Feldman, MD, has established a national and international reputation as an expert in leukemia clinical research and patient care. He is also experienced in the care of patients undergoing autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation and serves as an attending physician on that service. Dr. Feldman's research efforts have been focused on defining the role of new chemotherapeutic and biotherapeutic agents in the treatment of leukemia and on understanding the biology of leukemic cells as it relates to response to chemotherapy. He has also focused on the use of gene therapy strategies in leukemia. He has published widely in the area of the biology and/or treatment of leukemia, with more than 112 peer reviewed manuscripts in prestigious journals.

Dr. Feldman is a graduate of Tulane University and New York Medical College and completed his clinical training in Medicine and Hematology/Oncology at the Westchester County Medical Center. He also completed specialized clinical training at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. From 1986 until Dr. Feldman joined the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Weill Cornell Medical College in 1999 to become Director of the Leukemia Program, he was on the faculty and directed the leukemia programs at New York Medical College and spent time in the Hematology Department at MD Anderson in Houston. He has been Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell and Attending Physician at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 2003. In 2007, Dr. Feldman was appointed Director of Hematological Malignancies, and currently oversees the Leukemia Program, the Lymphoma/Myeloma Program and the Bone Marrow Transplant Program.

Jayshree Shah, APN-C, MSN

Jayshree Shah, APN-C, MSN, has been a Nurse Practitioner in the Leukemia Division at John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center since 2005. Her experience includes work as an Advance Practice Nurse at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey. Ms. Shah's role as a Nurse Practitioner involves working with CML patients and caregivers to help them better understand their disease, manage their symptoms, develop 100% adherence, understand their lab values, and assistance with reimbursement issues. Ms. Shah works hand-in-hand with CML patients and caregivers, whether they are on a research study or standard therapy, to provide the best care and knowledge possible. Ms. Shah received her Bachelor of Science from Rutgers University in Public Health, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Seton Hall University. She completed her Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.

Anita Vargas, MSW, LSW

Anita Vargas, MSW, LSW is a licensed social worker at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center, where she has worked with oncology patients for the past 12 years. She works with patients in the areas of lymphoma, leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, multiple myeloma, and other blood disorders. Ms. Vargas provides support to help patients and families adjust to the challenges of cancer treatment. She also assists families in finding community resources to help with the financial burden of being diagnosed with a chronic illness. Ms. Vargas received her Bachelor of Science at The University of Central Florida before attaining her Master of Social Work at New York University. She volunteers for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, where she assists in running support groups for patients and caregivers with hematological malignancies. Ms. Vargas also has an interest in mind-body therapies as a modality to help patients cope with their illness. She is certified in Reiki I and utilizes this knowledge to help her patients in their cancer journey.

#2 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm all signed up.  Looking forward to meeting some of the other Colorado CMLers....

John

#3 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Great  hope  you could share with us after the meeting..

#4 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

We were able to request some talking points and I submitted a question (because I like Trey's logic) on dosage reduction to 200mg for people that have been PCRU for over 2 years.  I fall into that category and I am thinking about reducing my dosage to 200mb.  My Onc, however, is not a fan of the idea...

John

#5 PhoenixPat

PhoenixPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi John - There will be cards on the tables at the event for submitting questions, so you may want to also submit your question that way to be sure that it's covered. Glad you will be able to go. Pat

#6 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Wondering is there any recent findings on cure and stim trial or other new findings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users