• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcoon

jcoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

So i keep reading success stories about gleevec and pregnancy but i havent seen any success stories of women on sprycel having babies.  i have been on sprycel since last october.  i was diagnosed when we were about to try for a baby, so we've been baby  hungry ever since.  my onc is very optimistic about it.  however today i attended a CML conference at my work (city of hope) and the discussion about pregnancy and sprycel wasnt as positive.  I need to hear sprycel success stories to keep me optimistic!  our plan so far is to go off of it, get pregnant, and go back on it late in the pregnancy if its needed.

jenelle

#2 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

Jenelle,

Sending fertile fairy dust your way!  Will you do anything to boost your odds so you can get pg faster?  An IUI (insemination) is a pretty simple way to go, in terms of assisted reproduction. A little Clomid to give your ovaries a mild jolt might be in order, too.  Not sure what issues you uncovered from sprycel users.

Fertile thoughts,

Traci

#3 tiouki

tiouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hello Jenelle!

Good luck with that ! I hope it will turn well.

The thing is: when you'd be pregnant and during the first months AT LEAST you should not be taking sprycel in any case I think. This recent article reports a case of foetal malformations that lead to the end of pregnancy for a girl who didn't know she was pregnant at first and was still under dasatinib http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22421368

If you're leukemia starts to raise again I beleive interferon alpha is less a problem for the baby (but causes lots of side effects to you). Just talk to your doctor to be sure to have a plan in case it doesn't go perfectly well, because you will maybe have to be sprycel free for about 1 year

Pierre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users