Photo

Mercury from fillings can cause leukemia?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

''
So mercury is one of the most toxic metals known -- even more toxic than
lead, second to plutonium. And while there is no "conclusive"
evidence that the mercury from fillings causes any particular health problems,
there are a number of studies that imply such a relationship. There is strong
evidence that mercury lowers T-cell (white blood cells) counts. A number of
studies have shown removing amalgam fillings can cause T-cell counts to rise
anywhere from 50 to 300 percent. This, alone, implicates amalgam fillings in
cancer, autoimmune diseases, allergies, Candida overgrowth, and multiple
sclerosis (mercury levels in MS patients are, on average, 7.5 times higher than
normal). In fact, there have been several studies that have shown that white
blood cell abnormalities, such as found in leukemia patients, tend to normalize
when amalgam fillings are removed.

It has also been shown that mercury interferes with the ability of the blood to carry oxygen --
actually cutting its oxygen-carrying capabilities by half. This would account
for many instances of chronic fatigue syndrome. Mercury also has an affinity
for our brains and, as already mentioned, is implicated in brain tumors and
dementia. The famous "mad hatters" of England were actually hat
makers who worked with mercury and eventually went insane. Finally, mercury has
an affinity for fetal tissue -- reaching higher levels in the fetus than in the
mother herself -- which accounts for mercury's implication in birth defects.            ''

Extract of  http://www.jonbarron.org/detox/how-to-heavy-metal-amalgam-fillings

#2 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

This website is suggesting "Heavy metal detoxification" twice yearly, by Chelation, an unproven and sometimes dangerous therapy. Frank

#3 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Another link: The Safety of  Dental Amalgam by Health Canada

''There have been a few cases reported in the literature in which individuals who suffered from chronic ill-health experienced dramatic improvements after their amalgam fillings were removed. The small number of cases and the lack of controlled studies make it difficult to establish a cause-and-effect relationship in such cases.''

''A number of hypotheses have suggested that mercury contributes to various diseases, among them Alzheimer's Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's Disease. However, reviews of the clinical evidence indicate that the existing data do not support these hypotheses.''  (Date Modified: 2006-11-17)

#4 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Patients undergoing Chelation Therapy must take high levels of mineral  supplements or the therapy can cause a fatal reaction

Read  more  http://www.ehow.com/...-cleansing.html

#5 Dina36

Dina36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

OMG I can't believe what I've just read. I have amalgam feelings on almost all of my back bottom teeth,

I have had removed 4 of those feelings and replaced it with the white feelings and that was 2 years ago,

when I was dx and was looking for an answer like all of us why and how did I get my CML I was always so sure its because

of those amalgam feeling that I have and now I wish that I have never had them in my mouth nor replaced them.

We'll never know for sure of course, but that's just how I feel.

#6 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Interesting. Many years ago I had some of my amalgam fillings replaced and right after that I developed rashes. In the summer of '09 I had the rest of my amalgam fillings replaced. I remember at the time I was concerned that I would develop a problem from this as I always attributed my rashes to having my fillings replaced.  As it turns out, even though I was dx with CML in the spring of 2011 it is thought that I actually developed CML two years prior to that which would put it about the same time I had my fillings removed. I do think there may be a connection.

Judy

#7 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

This article and the whole discussion has nothing to do with CML, and there is no credible evidence of any sort that mercury fillings or mercury in any form can cause CML.  No doubt that mercury can be poisonous, just not related to CML, and the article cited does not provide any support for such a theory. 

#8 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

I have problems with a lot of these theories about environmental contaminants causing illnesses, in general. Most are epidemiological studies with so slight increases, which usually aren't conclusive. So they cause people lots of concern. Then a few years later, or a few months, some other study refutes it.

My other problem is that the replacement products are just as sketchy. Those white fillings they use are polymer based, but need to be cured with UV light. So I expect someone will soon decide that the UV light puts us at risk of oral cancers. And there's probably some chemicals that come out of the white filling.

Then our govt insists we all get CFL lightbulbs, rather than good old tungsten wire based ones. But they don't tell you that if you break it, you now have mercury  in your house. Had to vent about that one....

Yes, heavy metals are in general not good for humans. Best to get rid of them when possible.  But I wouldn't worry too much over low level exposures. If the mercury in fillings was that bad, they would have noticed a spike in health problems long ago.

Call me a skeptic, but I think too many of these studies are released to the public before they are validated.

Traci

#9 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

''Mercury and other toxic metals such as copper and lead cause breaks in DNA (4,38,41,42,197,272,296,500),  and also have synergistic effects with x-rays(296).

In addition to effects on DNA, mercury also promotes cancer in other ways. Mercury by its effect of weakening

the immune system contributes to increased chronic diseases and cancer (91,180,228a,237,239,222,234,355,369,

405,500,530,543,570, 35,38,40,etc.).'

There are extensive documented cases (many thousands) where removal of amalgam fillings led to cure or significant 
improvement
of serious health problems such as  oral keratosis (pre cancer)(87,251), cancer (breast,leukemia,etc.)

Mercury from amalgam fillings has also been found to cause increase in white blood cells and in some cases to result in leukemia (35,180).  There is evidence that some forms of leukemia are abnormal response to antigenic stimulation by mercury or other such toxics,

and total dental revision including removal of amalgam has led to remission very rapidly in some cases (35,38,180,239,500).  Among a group of patients testing positive as allergic to mercury, low level mercury exposure was found to cause adverse immune system response, including effects on vitro production of tumor necrosis factor TNF alfa and reductions in interleukin-1. (126,131,152) ''

Extract of http://www.flcv.com/cancerhg.html 

#10 porciniak

porciniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

The quoted paper is an artificial construct to push an agenda and bears no resemblance to a valid survey of  scientific literature supporting the topic question.

The Journal of Free Samples is one of the many references, get a grip!!

Yes there are valid scientific papers in the references, and they mostly relate to the effects of heavy metals NOT studies of humans with fillings.

In other words, its Woo; as in "Sometimes woo-woo is used by skeptics as a synonym for pseudoscience, true-believer, or quackery."

#11 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

The articles cited are from non-credible sources.

Everyone in the USA and much of the world had mercury amalgum fillings if they were born from 1930 - 1985.  But only .01% of them got CML.  That is a stat I can understand.  And people in countries without the same level of dentistry get CML at similar rates. 

#12 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Other articles:

Getting  Well from CLL leukemia

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Defeated With PH Balance and Nutritional Therapy

These links are to show that there have been a few cases reported in the literature in which individuals who
suffered from chronic ill-health experienced dramatic improvements after their amalgam fillings were removed..

The small number of cases and the lack of controlled studies make it difficult to establish a cause-and-effect relationship in such cases.

#13 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

It is indeed unfortunate that patients with serious diseases become side-tracked by non-scientific, anecdotal drivel promulgated on the Internet. Sadly, such patients will not be convinced otherwise by true and valid medical information. It is a waste of time to attempt to illuminate this kind of mindset. Frank

#14 porciniak

porciniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

cousineg wrote:

Other articles:

Getting  Well from CLL leukemia

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Defeated With PH Balance and Nutritional Therapy

Yes, Woo is very comforting; promising cure's with no down side, no chemo, etc. 

I can't stop you from posting this crap, but, you should know that this is not the place for Woo.  Get your own web page, promote all the Woo you want, k?

#15 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Mercury affects the immune system and may be not the cause of CML. May be, mercury has a contribution like
benzene but we can proof it now.  In some non-scientific articles, there are testimonials that mercury may cause CLL. 

Why the immune system doesn't kill the CML stem cells?  We know that mercury causes a reduction in the number of
T-cells
.  Is it a contributive cause for CML? We don't know. We know  also that there are less natural killer cells (NK)  in CMLers.

See http://www.cmleukemi...-cell---nk.html

Can CMLers have a deeper and faster remission with less mercury in the body?     May be? We must prove...

#16 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Mercury reduces the efficiency of the immune system.This is a toxic effect of mercury. The efficiency of the white blood cells are reduced by decreasing their numbers when exposed to mercury, and the mechanism which white blood cells attack bacteria is inhibited (20). Antinuclear antibodies are formed so the immune system appears to attack itself. The chromosomes in the white blood cells break up and form genetic aberrations (21).The primary humoral antibody response is also suppressed (22).

Extract of http://www.hallvtox....uk/amalgam.html

#17 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yes Traci, there is too many of these studies are released to the public before they are validated. For example, the FDA started in 2009 to validate after many years. We look now after the ADA revision since 1859.

''FDA has reviewed the best available scientific evidence to determine whether the
low levels of mercury vapor associated with dental amalgam fillings are a cause
for concern. Based on this evidence, FDA considers dental amalgam fillings safe
for adults and children ages 6 and above''

'' Mercury vapor concentrations are highest immediately after placement and removal of dental amalgam but decline thereafter.''

Extract from  About Dental Amalgam Fillings (by the FDA - 2009)

______________________________________________________________________________

'' ADA does not support warnings and limitations on use of amalgam directed at particular populations because current scientific evidence does not support such action.''

Extract from Letter from ADA to FDA (July 2008)

______________________________________________________________________________________

#18 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

''It has been estimated that the prevalence of mercury sensitivity in the general population is approximately three per cent ''

Extract from Canadian Dental Association

The 3% of the population includes all the diseases (cancer, autoimmune diseases, allergies, Candida overgrowth,

and multiple sclerosis   .....). In theory, mercury can break the DNA  in different ways including the translocation  (9,22).

But in reality, there is only some observations in CLL. (Up to now, there are no scientific studies for these observations).

In this very small population, the greatest risk of causing CML occurs during installation or the uninstallation of the mercury
fillings.

#19 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

You gave me a good laugh so much that I want to invite you both to dinner.

You are truly champions!     

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users