• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Greetings to everyone.  I was DX in Feb 2011 and started on 400 of G.  In June was reduced to 300G because the side effects were bad.  Bone Marrow = good.  CBC with WBC low around 2.7- 3.1  Hct and HGB chronic anemia around 29 and 10 respect.  My ANC (absolute neutrophil count) has been around 1.5 with one dipping to 1.0  .  

Now for the reduction.  My ANC dropped to 0.8 so they held my meds and restarted at 200mg of G.  It has been one week and my ANC is 3.5 and my WBC are 5.2 this is a first in the entire time.  I get repeat CBC for the next 4 weeks and then see him to see if this is what will be.  Had my BCR & FISH done on the 12th and they are not back, that will be interesting  since I only have every reached a 1 log reduction.

Thanks for being here, it is nice to review these things with people who know I just need to vent sometimes and review lab work for ideas or to see if these reductions have happened in the past and worked.

Loreta

#2 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I really hope the reduction works for you.  I hope to get mine reduced some day.  How are you feeling?  Are the side effects getting less intense?

#3 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Rissa,

At 400, I slept and worked, so they cut me to 300.  At 300 I felt so much better.  I actually started running small distances again and could put in my many hours in the operating room and still do things at home.  My ANC went down to 0.8 so they told me to stop my meds for a week and see them.  Well I was leaving that Sunday for a 14 day cruise and told them see you in 15 days.  It was very nice being off the meds totally for that long.  So I restarted Monday the 12th at 200mg and my CBC was very nice the best it has been since Dx in Feb 11.  I have to have a CBC weekly till I see him on April 16th.  Right now I feel very good.  My GI problems are gone since the stoppage and reduction and energy is good.  I hope this mondays levels stay the same.  I really would like 200mg per day than 300 or 400 mg.  The doctor said this is absolutely the lowest anyone goes, 100mg is pretty much useless.  Thank you for asking, I will keep you informed.

Loreta

#4 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope you were able to relax on your cruise.  That's awesome that you're feeling better!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users