3 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hey Everyone,

I have a lab draw for my PCR on Wednesday and I am already feeling a high level of anxiety surrounding this test. My PCR has been bouncing around a little bit and while at around 10 months I achieved CCyR on Tasigna, I am still very anxious about what this test will show. I really don't know how to handle myself in situations like this. I've been very good at taking my medicine and haven't missed a dose since September so I am hopeful I will see good results, but for some reason I feel like I am always waiting for this black cloud to settle over me. Like because I was unlucky enough to get CML, good things probably won't follow. I try hard not to feel this way all the time, but it does creep in. Is there anything you all do during this time to calm yourself down and chill? I feel like I am waiting for a phone call that's just, ya know, checking up on my mortality. Thanks for listening and for everything else you all do! -Josh

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm  not sure that you ever get entirely comfortable with PCR time. Susan has commented that she still gets stressed as she has been PCRU for a number of years.

#3 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

It's hard sometimes to stay calm, isn't it?  I like to listen to audiobooks.  That helps to get my mind going in a different direction.  Let us know what the results are, okay?

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

HI, Josh. . .I know what you mean.  I'm heading in for my PCR tomorrow and I'm sweating bullets.  I know that I shouldn't be comparing the numbers and jumping at shadows every darned time, but it's hard not to do that!  Just remember that the TREND is what's important.  The numbers will bounce around. 

Marnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users