#1 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hey, guys. . .

My friend, Shelly, will be undergoing a stem cell transplant tomorrow in Denver.  Please send any prayers, thoughts, and good vibes her way. 

Thanks,

Marnie

#2 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Marnie,

Is this the friend you mentioned before who recommended her oncologist to you?  One of your riding buddies?  Can't remember all the details, but I don't think she has CML, right?  A different leukemia or lymphoma?  I remember you saying something earlier about a relapse, if it's the same person, that is.  Don't want you to retype the whole story, just need a refresher. I guess I make my prayers a little too detailed!

Traci

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

HI, Traci. . .yes, it's the same person.  Wife of a motorcycle friend that we met two summers ago on a trip out to Redmond, Oregon.  On a camping trip last summer, he mentioned that they were going through a stressful time and then filled us in on Shelly's history.  At that time, she had just gotten into remission for the Hodgkins.  When I told him about my CML, Shelly immediately wanted to take me under her wing and help me out.  Shelly has had CLL for over 10 years, but last summer it morphed into Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  She beat it, but then a few months later it returned with a vengeance.  She is one of the nicest people I've met. . why does it seem like bad things always happen to good people??!! 

Anyway, she's been in the hospital for almost a week, going thru chemo to prepare for the transplant.  Tomorrow is the big day.  I sent her a picture of the BMB punch card that someone posted the other day, and she got a chuckle out of it.  I'm not religious, even though I grew up Lutheran (from Minnesota. . .of course I'm a blond-haired, blue-eyed Lutheran), so I'm sending her good vibes. . .but Shelly is a spiritual person and so I know that she would appreciate prayers and good thoughts from people. 

Thanks!

Marnie

#4 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hi Marnie,

I will be praying for your friend, Shelly, and you too.

Judy

#5 Chris1579

Chris1579

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi Marnie,

I am new to the site and will keep Shelly in my thoughts and prayers!

God Bless!

xo

Christa

#6 Pin

Pin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi Marnie, thanks for letting us know about your friend - I'll be thinking of Shelly as she goes through this. Pin xxx.

Diagnosed 9 June 2011, Glivec 400mg June 2011-July 2017, Tasigna 600mg July 2017-present (switched due to intolerable side effects, and desire for future cessation attempt).

Commenced monthly testing when MR4.0 lost during 2012.

2017: <0.01, <0.01, 0.005 (200mg Glivec, Adelaide) <0.01, 0.001 (new test sensitivity)

2016: <0.01, <0.01, PCRU, 0.002 (Adelaide)

2015: <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, 0.013

2014: PCRU, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01

2013: 0.01, 0.014, 0.016, 0.026, 0.041, <0.01, <0.01 

2012: <0.01, <0.01, 0.013, 0.032, 0.021

2011: 38.00, 12.00, 0.14

#7 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

You got it! 

#8 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Dear Marnie,

I will be thinking of her and praying for her all day and everyday ,just like I do for all my cml family.  Isn't she the one who gave you the name of the onc you are seeing now,that you like so well? I believe in miracles! I hope you are doing okay, I haven't been on line much lately it seems like every time I turned my computer on somebody would come  home or we had to do something etc. I,m in a hotel in Rock Hill S.C.  Only 500 more miles and I;ll be home.Yeah!!! Rons family wanted us to stay another month. No way 2 months is enough, I can't wait to get home to my cozy little home in the snow belt. I'll check in with you tomorrow.

lol Billie

#9 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Marnie,

I am so in awe of people going through so mcuh more than I am and how strong they seem to be! I will keep your friend, Shelly in my thoughts and hope that maybe by this time next year she'll be back on the bike and ready for another road trip!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#10 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thanks all, for your good wishes sent to Shelly.  She is not a riding buddy. . .she stays at home when her husband does his motorcycle trips.  She is not a camping type of gal.  But she is a super nice person (as is her husband).  I haven't heard yet how the transplant went.  Apparently, they flew the stem cells in this morning, and they had to be processed before the transplant.  So it could be happening at any moment, or it could have already happened.  Day 0.

Marnie

#11 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Marnie wrote:

Hey, guys. . .

My friend, Shelly, will be undergoing a stem cell transplant tomorrow in Denver.  Please send any prayers, thoughts, and good vibes her way. 

Thanks,

Marnie

Praying for your friend Shelly transplant; a good match, and the best medical staff. Praying for faith, peace, and good spirits.

Pam south

PamSouth

#12 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi Marnie:  I have been busy with so many things, and I am so behind on messages.  ITs never too late to pray, therefore, I will pray for Shelly to come through all of this.  She still has a rough road ahead, but I pray she does okay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users