• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

I never drink but I'm going to a wedding Saturday and I may have a drink or 2. Can you drink while taking Tasigna? I never saw anything that says you can't and never thought to ask. Not like I'm gonna get loaded, lol.

Laura.

#2 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

I was told by the Pharmacist and my Onc that alcohol is OK on tasigna in moderation.

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I am on Sprycel, and I still enjoy a drink every now and then.  My biggest problem is indigestion, I love wine but after about half a glass the indigestion is horrid.  One thing I wanted to add, not sure about everyone else, but if I have more than two glasses, indigestion not added into the equation, I get a headache that will not go away for hours.  Before I began the Sprycel, I could down a bottle over the course of the evening.  Enjoy the wedding!

#4 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Just don't get drunk.  A drink or two is fine as long as your liver enzymes have been holding at good levels.

#5 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'm on gleevec and I'll occasionally have a couple drinks.  That's not enough to produce a hangover the next day, but it does add to the fatigue and I just don't feel "right" for a day or two after.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users