11 replies to this topic

#1 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Greetings all,

I cannot believe it has been one year since I got the phone call telling me that I had abnormal blood work.  For the first 6 months or so my world spun around.  During the last 6 months or so I have attempted to take my world back.  I started running again through the fatigue, I accept that my H & H will be 29 & 9 but I fit in my naps.  I take supplements, probiotics, curcumin, etc. these have helped me a lot.  At work I went to 4 10 hour shifts this gives me one day for either rest or appointments.  Mostly I want to thank everyone on this web site, your support and comments helped me understand that I still have a future but I must deal and adjust and move on.  Again thank you,

Loreta 2/4/11

#2 Pin

Pin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

Good work for making it through the first year! I'm sure it will be the first of many :) It sounds like you are in a really good place right now, so that's great too :) Congratulations!

Diagnosed 9 June 2011, Glivec 400mg June 2011-July 2017, Tasigna 600mg July 2017-present (switched due to intolerable side effects, and desire for future cessation attempt).

Commenced monthly testing when MR4.0 lost during 2012.

2017: <0.01, <0.01, 0.005 (200mg Glivec, Adelaide) <0.01, 0.001 (new test sensitivity)

2016: <0.01, <0.01, PCRU, 0.002 (Adelaide)

2015: <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, 0.013

2014: PCRU, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01

2013: 0.01, 0.014, 0.016, 0.026, 0.041, <0.01, <0.01 

2012: <0.01, <0.01, 0.013, 0.032, 0.021

2011: 38.00, 12.00, 0.14

#3 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

And you're running too.  Yay!  Here's to many more years of running under our belts...

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#4 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I ran for 25 years, had my knee scoped for a small tear and wondered why I had no energy to get started again,  That was right before diagnosis, I now feel much better and started on my tread mill since it is cold in Erie, Pa.  I am looking forward to spring and getting on the road to see how it goes, running was always for me, time to reflect and plan, I miss that and am hoping to continue,   Nice to see another runner, I think we discussed this when I first joined and you showed a lot of support then and now.

Loreta

#5 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

That's wonderful Loreta.  My one year is coming up the end of April.  It's inspiring to hear that you're still running.  I bought a treadmill to use for walking and it's been gathering dust.  I keep telling myself I'm going to do that C25K program.  By the time I get home from work though, I'm just too tired to do anything.  One of these days............. 

#6 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Rissa,

The hardest part was not that I was fatigued but that I ran for 25 years and getting back on the treadmill this winter I could not run for 3 minutes straight without stopping.  Just get on and walk for 5 minutes and in two days make it 10 and before you know it......  We must take control and working out is one way.  I am 53 and going on a 14 day cruise with my husband and I WILL look good in my suit (at least I will in my eyes haha).  Take care and do it for you.

Loreta

#7 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hi Loreta,

14 day cruise sounds like heaven, wishing you lots of fun. Where are you off to?

#8 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise! 

#9 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Dear Loreta,

I remember the day you joined our site and we found out we were practically neighbors. You always sounded like a strong,positive person. Congratulations.  I know you'll have a wonderful cruise, I hope your husband realizes what an awsome wife he has!            Sincerely Billie

#10 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Congratulations on the one year!  I pounce on posts like yours, it gives me faith things will settle down in time.  I keep wanting to feel better about the CML, then I remember I have only known for about 4 months, so I try not to be my own worst enemy.  I am looking forward to seeing your 2 year, 5 year, and 20 year posts!  Enjoy

Pam

#11 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Jim and I will be taking a 6day western caribbean cruise followed by an 8 day southern cruise, same ship, back to back, I need this sooooooo much.  I do try to stay positive and reading the positive remarks posted have truly helped, I cannot say how much the postings have meant.  I learned how to cope with the side effects and learned about updates on the journey to a cure.  It has also helped reading the venting because sometimes that is just how I feel and I am not alone.  One person posted it is like have hypertension or any chronic disease, I have trouble accepting that yet but I must grasp that it is chronic and until a cure I must take control, not just complain so if some need to compare to hypertension great but I choose to call it CML and accept the diagnosis and add it to my life and continue to keep my self in good shape and reduce the stressors in my life which I have done.  Thank you all for you congrats for one year , you all made me the positive patient and person that I am.

Your friend,

Loreta

#12 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

I am sooooooo jealous, you had better document every aspect of your cruises, so we all can read about your travels, what you saw, and better yet the food and drink you experienced! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users