7 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi All,

I had a CBC done today. All the numbers are normal, but I had immature granulocytes show up on my CBC. It says absolute immature granulocyte 0.01. "Normal" is between 0 and 0.03. Do I need to be worried? I've never had this show up before. All granulocytes are in the normal range.....Feeling worried. Plts are 150 WBC 5.2 Hgb 15.2

#2 sdl722

sdl722

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hey Josh,

I've had immature granulocytes show up on my CBCs almost every month (usually in the normal range of 0.01-0.04).  A few months ago it actually went above the normal range (to like 0.06) but my onc wasn't worried about it at all.  He said they had gotten a new machine and they were seeing some slightly higher numbers in that category.  A month later it went back to the normal range.  So I consider any movement there just rounding.  Hope that helps.

Stephen

#3 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Thanks Stephen. Are you referring to the absolute or the %? My sheet says Immature Gran %: 0.2. It has a range of 0.0-0.5. Then my absolute says: Absolute Immature Gran: 0.01 with a range of "normal" 0.00-0.03. I am having a lot of trouble just "being". I reached CCyR but haven't been able to trust it due to my crazy brain....Waiting for the other shoe to drop, like a dope. I should be enjoying myself.

#4 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thanks Stephen. Are you referring to the absolute or the %? My sheet says Immature Gran %: 0.2. It has a range of 0.0-0.5. Then my absolute says: Absolute Immature Gran: 0.01 with a range of "normal" 0.00-0.03. I am having a lot of trouble just "being". I reached CCyR but haven't been able to trust it due to my crazy brain....Waiting for the other shoe to drop, like a dope. I should be enjoying myself.

#5 sdl722

sdl722

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I can't remember if it was the absolute number or the percent (might have been the percent that went above the normal range).  When your get your CBC numbers does someone review them with you?  If I don't see my onc then I at least have a PA or nurse review the numbers and let me know if something is wrong.  It took me awhile but I finally started letting go and trusting the professionals.  Although I am not perfect and still over analyze things from time to time...

#6 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

If you don't have immature granulocytes, you will never have any mature granulocytes.  Without mature granulocytes, you would not post very long. 

#7 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Does their sudden presence on my CBC mean I am at risk for morphing into blast crisis? I've heard these shouldn't show up in a CBC ...I am fighting a cold or infection of some sort right now. I may not be thinking rationally and I apologize.

#8 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Doesn't mean anything except that you are making new blood cells -- that's a good thing.  It seems to be more of a change in the way CBCs are reported, since these details were not reported in the past.  Everyone has blast cells -- they are just precursor blood cells that produce the end stage "worker bee" blood cells, and everyone has them.  They are normal and necessary in the blood making process. 

...and your apology for not thinking rationally is heartily accepted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users