• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AmyH

AmyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

My WBC today was 5.9  ... that was from 260,000 when I was diagnosed on Jan. 5th.  Started Gleevec (400) on the 7th.

RBC was at 10.6  and my platelets were at 145 (last week they were at 125 so they bounced back up) 

Is this all normal?  I feel pretty good actually - I didn't realize at all how sick I truly was before.  I have energy again!  The worst part is the bone pain in my arms & legs but thats really the only side effect I have.  I have had a few issues w/diarrhea and a little anxiety, but I think I'm doing well. 

Do these counts look good? 

#2 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think they look very good!  Regarding your comment - "I didn't realize at all how sick I truly was before", I used to get sinus infections 2 or 3 times a year for several years.  Since starting gleevec 9 months ago, I haven't had any real sinus issues.  I get an occasional sinus headache, but it's not as bad as it used to be.  I don't know if the two are related or if it's just a weird coincidence.  I don't have energy though.  I'm wiped out by the time I get home from work.  Glad you're feeling well!

Rissa

#3 AmyH

AmyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm pretty tired in the evening, but I used to be totally wiped out around 1pm.  I thought it was just because I had 3 kids!  haha.

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

You have quickly achieved the initial goal of Complete Hematological Response (CHR).  So that is good news, since the Gleevec is working well.

#5 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Amy, 

I get you on the 3 kids.  I go to work to relax!  Oh, well, it is getting better as they get older and help out more. Just had a scare today when my 11 yo did not get off the bus. Ended up she jumped on the wrong bus, but it probably gave me a few more gray hairs until they found her.

Anyway, I think your blood counts look great!  Congrats to you!

Traci

#6 AmyH

AmyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yikes!  I would seriously have a heart attack if my daughter didn't get off her bus when she was suppose to!  She is only 6 though!  That kind of stuff scares me!  I'm glad everything was okay!

#7 AmyH

AmyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

I thought I had hit the CHR, but wasnt sure!  Thank you Trey!

#8 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi Amy,

Congratulations on your test results. sounds like you are making great progress.

Judy

#9 AmyH

AmyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thank you Judy!!!

#10 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

I would be a basket case!  Traci, glad your 11year old is ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users