35 replies to this topic

#21 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hi Pam South and Caroline,

After just one week on 50mg Sprycel my neuts and lymphs were in the normal range. This is the first time this has happened since I was dx last May. I have high hopes for this med. As for the price, my ins has to accept a certain amount so I can't really tell what the cost on most insurance plans would be but for 30 pills at 50 mg the price is $4,000.00. I have a grant that helps me pick up the co-pays or I would never be able to afford it. Pam S.- you are too funny You said you need to observe how we progress, I feel like a little guinea pig Caroline, I couldn't stop laughing when I read your post  you said the nurse from Bristol Myers says she cannot tell you anything but is there anything you wish to ask? THAT IS TOO FUNNY. If I were Pam Martin I would be spitting a cherry coke over my computer monitor right about now, (She has a projectile spitting problem when anyone posts anything funny on the board). You guys really gave me a good laugh, I needed that.

Judy

#22 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Judy, I swear you have a camera on my living room.

#23 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Wow, you get to talk about your side effects?  All I do is get to listen to a reading of the brochure that comes with the Sprycel, from front to back, then a, 'talk to you next month, bye.'  I am jealous!

#24 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Pam M., Look up, turn your head to the left and smile.

Judy

#25 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

oh hell Judy, that means you saw me picking my nose and scratching my arse.  damn

#26 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Pam M., I wasn't going to say anything but..... Also, would you please vacuum that piece of lint up from under your coffee table, it is driving me crazy......

Judy

#27 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

You only get to tell them your side effects after you have listened to their spiel about 4 times.  Then they finally ask you.  Or maybe it was because every time she told me about a side effect I responded that I had that too, I had that too, yup, I got that too.  Lucky me, funky super sensitive system.  Although I have to say, the 2nd best side effect (after controlling the leukemia)?  I have fantastic nails!  For once in my life my fingernails are gorgeous, strong and super white, looks like I just had a french manicure all the time. 

They hadn't heard of that one. 

See?  This time I WAS lucky.

Grins,

Caroline

#28 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

So I have to listen at least one more time (plus I cut her short this last time, I just wasn't in a listening mood) and perhaps I can give my two cents also?  I started doing that also, stating I have that side effect, or another, and she would say, ok moving on, or lets get back to this, and my favorite, hhhmmmmmmm, ok, and continue reading.  .  Now I have another reason to be jealous, my nails have never been great, easily broken and a bit brittle, but now what little they grow, they are soft, and peel.  You get to talk about your side effects and have great nails!  Life is just so unfair!   hehe

#29 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Sorry Pammy.  I wish everyone could have good experiences.  Wanna trade my horrific urology appointment with catheritization by horrid pierced girl?  It was so bad, they offered me a Starbucks card in the hopes I wouldn't sue them.  It might have worked, I am too exhausted to sue anyone.  And I am a lawyer!  Sigh.

Caroline

#30 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

oh hell, catheterization and a pierced lovely doing the procedure!  I think I have quickly become, unjealous..  my sympathies, better be damn good Starbucks.

#31 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

The good new is the muscle pain in my leg is one thousand percent better. The bad news is I've now noticed some bright red raised bump "things" on my legs. I can't say they are acne, I'm really  not sure what they are but they are bright red. The interesting thing is that they are on my legs and have occurred after I have had the muscle  pain and the burning skin on my legs. As a matter of fact, the skin on my legs still burn, the skin feels very irritated, especially when my clothes rub against my skin. Has anyone had bright red raised bumps on their limbs from Sprycel? This had better not spread to  my face!!! I wish we had a scream emoticon. IF ANYONE OUT THERE FROM THE L&LS SOCIETY IS READING THIS, PLEASE ADD A SCREAM EMOTICON TO OUR EMOTICON CHOICES !!!  I am so tired of all of this. Just venting.

Judy

#32 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hi Judy,Pammie,Pam,Caroline and everybody else,

Yeah I get small rashes on my face and I get red bumps on my legs. I have had a rash or something behind my right knee for 2 years it's small white bumps , I put cortisone cream on them and the itch goes away. I also have a hole inside my right cheek, I don't think that;s on the s-e list yet. My pcp thinks it's a saliva gland I could have told her that because every time I lie down I drool. I now have towels for pillowcases!

My rls has returned so I'm sleeping with soap again. It's a good thing my feet don't sweat between the drooling and the sweating I'd drown in a human bubble bath!

Judy you are so right we definitly need more emoticons. Of course the ones I have in mind they wouldn't put up. Hee Hee   lol Billie

#33 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hi Billie,

Do the red bumps sort of look like acne or bites or sores? Mine are weird, I can't really tell what they look like. Did they ever spread to your face? That is what I am afraid of. You are too funny regarding the drooling and sweating and the emoticons that you want. How does sleeping with soap help spasms? Does that also help muscle pains?....and what exactly do you mean when you say sleeping with soap.....this is not connected to the mating with stingrays thing, is it?

Billie, I hope you are feeling better. I was going to send you a private message but when I went to click on private message I saw your bio and it was made up of crazy hieroglyphics. I was afraid I would get hijacked if I clicked on. What is the story with that? Anyway, I hope you are feeling better and before you know it  you will be home.

Judy

#34 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I been down that road, until I thought I would lose my mind, but we have med's for that, too, right?

When my previous onc mentioned to me, some time ago, about changing from Gleevec, to a newer, greater drug.  We sort of batted the ball back and forth.  Of course she won,  her words "IT WILL BE A PIECE OF CAKE".  I, thinking to myself, in disbelieve, do you really think I am that stupid!!!!!

PamSouth

PamSouth

#35 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hi Judy,

Boy that's some profile I have.  You can e-mail me anytime. I haven't registered anything on this lap top because I'm afraid I might screw something up, Ron bought me this here in Fla. And his nephew told me how to get online. I want to wait until I get home so I can screw it up royally. I guess I have to do something to my desktop at home but I don't know what.

My rash on the back of my leg is just some white bumps. It's kind of hard to see the back of your knee!  I use cortisone cream for everything. My dermotologist recommends Aveeno products for skin and hair.So I just stick with that brand. The restless leg syndrome drives me nuts. The best thing I've found is put a bar of soap at the foot of the bed. Nobody knows why but it really helps. My Cardiologist even uses it. I put it in my socks or when I'm at my desktop at home I put my feet on top of a bar of soap.  A couple months ago Ron flipped our mattress and we found 7 bars of soap under the bed. I wondered where those little buggers went!

I'm tired so I better go to bed because I'm out of wine. Take care and I'll catch up with you tomorrow. PS Judy and Pammie I think that vit B is helping already.

LOL Billie

#36 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi Pam,

It's enough to make you scream isn't it? Some of these oncs must think we're really stupid. I did the same thing you did I got rid of my first onc asap. Actually the cc center I go to got rid of him to! I'm so glad all these young newcomers find this site right away. It took me over 3 years to find it. When I say i'm a computer idiot I really am. When my hubby retired I decided it was time to discuss getting a computer,we didn't even know how to turn one on. But I figured we needed something to occupy us so we didn't kill each other. So far it's working.

I'll catch up with you later tomorrow.  Sincerely Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users