• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I take Elavil 60mgs at bedtime for migraines, increased appetite and to gain weight back from bad onc. I had.  I have severe anxiety as every one on here knows and take 3-4mgs of xanax a day plus they added Buspar to the mix but I went to see my psychriatrist today and she wants to put me on Celexa during the day but it has the QT warning on it for your heart and I have a history of that but new onc. has it corrected now by having me on lower dose of Elavil.  I told the psychiratrist this but she gave it to me any way and said it could make me jittery for awhile....now I have bad anxiety, why the hell would she give me something to make me more anxious?  All the buspar does is make me sleepy and the xanax is not working as well either.  When I checked the drugs.com site Celexa interacts with almost everything I am on.  My onc. is not in the office today but nurse said he will call me tomorrow and not to start the celexa until I talk to him.  My bone marrow biospy showed no bad chromosomes so I am in total complete remission my onc. says and I don't want more drugs...I want to try to get less.  I have tried to taper off the xanax but can't do it....had 2 bad anxiety attacks...husband found me out cold on bathroom floor and had to go by ambulance the 1st time.  Anyone know anything about this Celexa?  I am very sensitve to side effects also.  I feel like I am losing my mind and all the holiday stress of shopping and getting things ready....can't go like I use to and I hate this CML for doing this to me!!!!!

Dee

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

http://www.drugs.com/celexa.html

#3 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

I already beat you there Trey....always go there but don't fully understand all the stuff it says.  Just saw the big major interaction sign.  My onc. checked his messages and called but I missed the call and he said a low dose which is what they are starting (10mgs) should be fine but he would do a EKG on me in like 2-3 weeks.  I am just tired of all these meds and still feel like hell.  Thanks Trey but already been there but you can tell me what all that interaction stuff means if you have time.  I appreciate all your help since the beginning of my joining this site.

Dee

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

These interactions are hard to classify, and they are often different for each person.  But if you believe the fainting was related to the Celexa, you should consider something else.  My theory is to take the minimally effective drug for the task.  I don't know what that is for your anxiety attacks, but if the Xanax still works at all, maybe that is better for you for now.

#5 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

I haven't started the Celexa yet cause my pharmacist said to wait till I see my dr cause of the QT warning and I have a history of that.  It was for help with depression during the day.  I passed out from a bad anxiety attack.  Husband found me laying on bathroom floor and called a ambualance cause I was out cold and had cut my head.  I am on 3-4mgs  a day of xanax and now they added the Buspar 15mgs 3 x a day to the mix and my normal Elavil at bedtime.  I have tried to lower the dose of xanax myself to get off and I can't.  I get the real tight and tense feeling in my body.  I feel like a drug addict trying to stop something.  My family doesn't understand why I can't just "stop it, meaning the anxiety" and just move on with life.  I am trying too!!!  My son never comes around anymore but I was there when he broke his back.  My knees are really starting to hurt and my fingers get cramped up.  Is that a lovely Gleevec side effect too?  Sorry to ramble on.  I am also in menopause which I am sure you don't care to hear but that adds to the emotional mix of things and my headaches.

I am starting to tear up so Iam just gonna go.  There's no hope for me.......Dee

#6 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

There is always hope!  Find your inner tiger, don't let the medications win.

It sounds like there are so many medications floating around your poor system, that they are interacting with one another and causing havoc. 

Take a deep breath.  Call your oncologist, or the best cancer center you can find, and ask for a psychiatric/oncology consult.  And keep battling until you find someone that can help.

Hoping you find the answer as quickly as possible.

Caroline

#7 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Dee, There is always hope. Please calll your onc., tell him how you feel and that you need to see a therapist. The hospitals have social workers, psychiatrists etc. that deal with onc. patients. That is what they are there for. Remember. we on this board are here for you, too. I have also been feeling anxious, panic attacks etc. I just saw a new onc. a few days ago and he said he was going to set me up with a social worker. Sometimes, just knowing there is help out there gives us hope. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Please keep us posted, right now things seem bleak but it will get better.

Virtual Hugs,

Judy

#8 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hi Dee,

I am glad to meet you.  Seems like when we are diagnosed with cancer, plus trying to adjust to meds and a combination of med's. 

For most of us, it is norm to have  some/different kinds of; anxiety, stress, anxious, jitters, etc.

You have a right or a good reason to experience all of the above. 

Some times it takes awhile to get all the doctors on board and adjust to which med's go together nd the right dose.

It is frustrating, but we are right here with you.

Praying for you to have strength, wisdom, courage, to deal with your doctors.  Praying the doctors will give you the right treatment/medicine, and you will get thru this!!

Hang in there.

PamSouth

PamSouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users