Photo

Has anyone received Notice from Novartis CoPays for Gleevec Ends Jan 1 2012 and Tasigna patients receive up to $150.00 per prescription?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Recently received email, then received update by snail mail today 12/12/2011, FROM NOVARTIS.

" You may have already received notification of the upcoming changes to the financial assistance options brought to you by My CML Circle & Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.:

One highlighted paragraphs says "If you are currently enrolled in the MY CML CIRCLE COPAY CARD Program & receiving copay reimbursement for a Gleevec prescription, your benefits swill continue through Dec. 31, 2011.  After that date, copay reimbursement will no longer be avaiable for any patients taking Gleevec."

In another non highlight paragraph it reads differently;  " Gleevec was going to expire in 2010 but coverage was extended through 2011 to help make for a smooth transition.  Unfortuantely, at this time, copay assistance will no longer be available to patients taking Gleevec if they ARE NOT CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN THE PROGRAM, AND NO NEW MEMBER WILL BE ACCEPTED."

So which is it Gleevec co-pay expires in Jan 1 2012 for ALL,  or Norvarits not giving copay assistance to those NOT currently enrolled or NO NEW  Members?

PamSouth

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

Yes I did get a notice by mail to let me know that I would no longer get any help.  I believe its for all Gleevec Patients.  They are going to just work on helping those who are on Tasigna.  I heard they layed off a lot of employees at Novartis also.  I assume its cutbacks, but not sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users