Photo

On a lighter note - Anyone care to guess the title of the book I was reading when dx'd??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Give up?

It was a mystery book (with Queen Victoria in it) called "Flaw in the Blood" - bwa ha ha ha! 

I called my dh up from the hospital with a list of what I wanted him to bring.  I told him to bring the book on my nightstand.  When he arrived, he came into the room and said, "Do you really want to read this book, right here, right now?  Won't it look a little weird?" 

Well, since I was halfway through it, I read it anyway, but I must say, it gave a few of the docs and medical students a start to see me reading it!

Just saw it on my bookshelf and it gave me a good laugh remembering it.

Traci

#2 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

Love the situation, Traci, thanks for sharing. Brings to my mind how I was so happy that I had a newly started mystery book in my purse when I was wisked right into intensive care at dx. Over the next week, I'd read, nap, and eat (ooh, food was cooked for me!), then have a couple of hours of leukapheresis. The book was my constant companion though I have no idea of the title now. It's three years on now, Traci, and you've made me feel connected to that time in a nice way. Thanks.

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users