• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

I came across these articles while I was surfing the Internet- http://www.usatoday....al-leukemia.htm  and http://copingmag.com...icle/ryan_oneal  I didn't know Ryan O'Neal had CML. These are older articles but thought they were interesting especially since  he was in "Love Story".  Kareem Abdul -Jabbar has it also.

Judy

#2 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

There are at least four celebrities who have CML:

Ryan O'Neal

Kareem Abdul-Jabar

Jason Blake

Doris Muramatsu

#3 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Judy 2,  Yes I read the article.  You must not have seen the story

Farrah Fawcell, sex symbol & actress dies, 2009.  You can google the story, CNN Entertainment.

I don't know if I know how to attach the link.  Let me see, if I can figure this out, yep I think I got it below.  I might have learned something new, maybe I can get a part time job?

Farrah was on a show years ago called Charlie's Angel's.  She and her other 2 charlie angels video much of her cancer battle with I think some kind of  pancreatic cancer, not sure.  In fact she did most of her treatment in Germany, I thought she was going to do more of the holistic stuff, but no it was she chose the modern chemo, so I am not sure why she flew to Germany so much.  But for the most part Ryan O'Neal was with her until she passed away. AT the end of her video when she knew she was not going to beat the cancer, she was a bit angry that we do not encourage, holistic medicine, there is probably a better name for it, path o something, maybe.

http:/articles.cnn.com/2009-06-25/entertainment/obit.fawcett_1_redmond-o-neal-farrah-fawcett-ryan-o-neal?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

PamSouth

#4 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Farrah Fawcett, the blonde-maned actress whose best-selling poster and "Charlie's Angels" stardom made her one of the most famous faces in the world, died Thursday. She was 62.

Fawcett's death was confirmed by Paul Bloch, one of her representatives at Rogers and Cowan, an entertainment public relations firm.

Fawcett, who checked into a hospital in early April, had been battling anal cancer on and off for three years.

Bloch told CNN that Ryan O'Neal, Fawcett's romantic partner since the mid-1980s, and her friend Alana Stewart were with Fawcett at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California, when she died.

ARticle from CNN

PamSouth

#5 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hi Pam. I knew  Farrah had some kind of cancer but I didn't know about Ryan or the other celebrities having CML. I tried to go to your link but I got the message, page not found.

Judy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users