pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hey Judy,

GO BUY BOOTS!  hehe  We are to get at least 6" between today and tomorrow morning.  It is coming down pretty good right now, so it just might happen.  We have been pretty darn lucky, only one serious cold snap and it lasted just a day or two.  It will be close to single digits this eve and tomorrow night, but the weekend looks promising for the return of 40 degrees + -.  Thanks for the reminder things do settle down.  I have went on a bit of a rebellion today.  I mentioned this before but the lab I have used for ten years has always been sufficient, oncologist wants testing done in lab over an hour away.  I spoke with my PCP and a nurse from different office, they both believe the local lab is just as effiicent as the one further away.  I do realize I cannot go back and forth, that may change the numbers somewhat, but once I again establish myself at the local one, the tests should be as significant as if I would make that hour trip once a week or more.  I am going to see oncologist this Friday, so hopefully the referral for Cleveland Clinic will be in my hand and I will have a road trip in my near future.  (Now get out there and buy more boots, I need someone to save me from this hateful snow)

Pam

#62 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Donations to the Judy2 boot fund can be made to...... We accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express. Getting a new pair of boots, $100.00....NO SNOW-PRICELESS!!!

Judy

#63 Skittles

Skittles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Pam,  it is true that things settle down.  Having the testing always seems to bring a little anxiety especially if taking too long to get the results but it does get to a point where you do not think about CML every single day and it feels really good to get to that point so hang in there.  Praying you get your referral for the Cleveland Clinic!!  If that doesn't work keep Dr. Moshe Talpaz in mind in Michigan.  He is one of top in CML research and answers emails even of patients not his own.  That would probably be a long day trip for you but still do-able.  I have faith the Cleveland Clinic will work out though.  Enjoy the snow!  Skittles

#64 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hey Judy2,

My mom been gone 9 years, she would have been 92 this Jan 8th.

When you said $100.00 for boots I thought of mom.  She was born in 1920, I was born 1/1/1948 and all the year I was growing up, my mom would have thought nothing of paying $100.00 for shoes or boots.

We weren't rich either.  Mom had an odd, wide foot, with high instep, so do I.  She would go to store that special made shoes.  Yep mom and us 5 kids and the best shoes in town.  I still am that way, I only buy the best shoes, to old to change.  Actually good shoe give good support and helps the back and spine.

however you said "

Getting a new pair of boots, $100.00....NO SNOW-PRICELESS!!!

Are you serious or what, no snow?  Today we got our first real snow and cold snap of the winter season.

PamSouth

PamSouth

#65 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

No snow is an awesome thought!  Anyone who has consistently shoveled paths to dog pens, sidewalks, driveways, walk ways, and had to find cars in the snow would probably agree.  I have no idea why I live in Pennsylvania, I love green, warm breezes, palm trees, and ocean air!  Judy, did you buy those darned boots yet, it is still snowing here!

#66 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Pam......still waiting for donations to the Judy2 boot fund......it's your call, if you don't want anymore snow this year.....

#67 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hey Scuba,

Seems I am still holding. 

WBC 3.26

Platelets 168,000

Neut .86

They are a bit lower than last results, but the week before they were a bit higher.  Because they will never stay the same, am sure I will be seeing this often.

I never did get my hands on the B2A2, B3A2, E1A2 or other results from Pittsburgh.  But I do have copies of everything from October now, so have an idea where I have been and where I might be headed.

Pam

#68 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hi Pam. That sounds like great news. Finally, it sounds as if things are starting to settle down. 

I'm not sure I understand about Neutrophils, is Poly the same thing? What is the difference between Poly and Absolute Poly? On my last report my Polys were in the normal range but my ABS Polys were high? Thanks in advance for any help.

Judy

#69 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi Pam,

Looks good ... Keep a special eye on the Neutrophils.  0.86 is a watch flag.

You should definitely have another CBC blood test at one week. If the Neutrophil count is lower - then another test one week later.

If your count goes below 0.5 - then you certainly need to discuss with your Oncologist lowering dosage or having to interrupt treatment to get the counts back.

Watch it.  This is the stage where your body is adapting.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#70 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

hi Judy,

I have to be honest, I know nothing of these counts and the differences.  We will have to go to a greater power and intelligence for an answer. 

#71 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Scuba,

I have looked back over my results, Neutrophil has been holding at about 2.00 tp 1.21 in the past few weeks, this has dropped again.  I have taken the 140 of Sprycel for almost 5 weeks again after restart.  Seems to still be hitting my body hard.  I will be very interested in all my results next week at Pitttsburgh.  Thanks for all the help and advice!  I will keep you posted.

Pam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users