3 replies to this topic

#1 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

Hi Y'all,

Has anyone else had dry eye issues with their TKI meds or is it just me getting old (33)?

On Tasigna and otherwise doing well with cyclical side effects; just trying to work out if it's the meds or unrelated.

Thanks

Chris

#2 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Dear Chris,

I have dry eyes too. I started out on Gleevac and it really dried my eyes out,now I'm on Sprycel and I still have dry eyes but not as bad as with Gleevac. My opthamologist has me using 2 different kinds of eyedrops one is called Refresh which I can use 2drops every 4 hours and the other one is called Systane ultra I use 1 drop in the a m and 1 drop in the p m. They keep my eyes pretty comfortable. Just make sure you use waterproof mascara or it will run all over your face when you put the drops in. Hee Hee good luck Billie

#3 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

Hi Chris. I had dry eyes many years ago from another medical condition. The only eye drop that worked for me was the Refresh Celluvisc. Billie mentioned  Refresh also, I'm not sure if Refresh makes more than one kind so that's why I mention Celluvisc. Whatever you use make sure it's preservative free.

Judy

#4 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the info - just started using refresh yesterday so will see how that goes over the next couple of weeks until i see the eye doc for annual. As for waterproof mascara Billie, I only use that on weekends when i become christine

Thanks and best wishes

Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users