• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SB3

SB3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

Just got back from the onc and my CBC counts are dropping too low (WBC: 2.6; RBC: 3.24; HGB: 10.7; HCT: 31.6). Platelets, at 196, are the only thing holding steady. I'm newly diagnosed (less than two months) and have been on 100mg of Sprycel for 5 weeks. My counts had dropped to normal levels after 2 1/2 weeks but are now heading too far south. My onc wants me to take a week's break from Sprycel, come back for another CBC next Wednesday, and then, possibly, drop to 50mg if the counts are still too low. I know others have experienced low counts after going on TKIs but has anyone been dropped to 50mg of Sprycel? I know it can take some time to reach an equilibrium with these drugs but I must admit I'm a bit worried.

#2 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWilloughby oh

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

sb3 Hi, Yes I'm on 50 mg of Sprycel for the same reason. I was on Gleevec , Tasigna and now Sprycel and its the best in side effects and working for me. I started on 100 mg but my counts just keep tanking, took a break tried it again tanked. So we are trying 50 mg and it seems to be helping. My counts are still pretty low but they are holding so for the first time in 18 months I even get to go 2 months before my next visit. So I'm pretty excited about that. I've had allot of problems but Sprycel seems to be the best fit for me. I hope it will for you also. My Onc is just going to watch me very closely with PCR's for a few months. I dont' think he has complete confidence in the lower dose. Time will tell.

Best of luck I hope it works for you as well,

Cathy

Cathy

DX 5-2010  Started normal hydra then Gleevec for 9 months stopped working

Tasigna after 5 pills pancreatis  numbers jumped up quickly

Started Sprycel 100, 8-2010  for a 3 years went down to 50 mg numbers at one point really jumped up quickly

currently on 70 mg for last 2-3 years trying to get onc to reduce dose Numbers never stabilize never MMR till 4-2017 bearly and jump up and down in and out of MMR stayed MMR for 3 months then

After 6 years on sprycel fluid on both lungs, drained still have some fluid on lungs, and currently off drug 4 months now

numbers lower then ever go figure I've never been this low of a number 

last 2 tests .0686 and .0181 !!

#3 tiouki

tiouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

hello SB3,

I have been on sprycel for 3 months now. I had low counts after a few weeks just like you, but not as much so they didn't reduced the dose (had 3600 white cells, 10 HGB, 100k platelets). But i can tell you that this side effect is transient and your blood will get back to normal in a few weeks/months so don't worry . I now am back to normal (in the lower range of normal values).

One thing that might help for low HGB (which really causes fatigue) is erythropoietin injections. I had two of them which increased my HGB from 10 to 14.

I think the lower dose of sprycel will help you to pass this phase, you will then be able to get back to 100mg

Best of luck

Pierre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users