• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phillyfan23

phillyfan23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

just received results from my 2nd PCR today and had some questions.

DXed June 2010, took 400 mg Gleevec, December FISH was negative, then had 2 PCR tests May then October. Please take a look at my results and answer my questions.

MAY PCR:

CP ABL: 28.90

CP BCR/ABL: BLANK

Q-PCR: BLANK and remarks of " Absence of b3a2 and b2a2 MBCR-ABL fusion transcripts at the sensitivity threshold technique of 5 X 10-5 and molecular remission.

OCTOBER PCR

CP ABL: 29.50

CP BCR/ABL: 40.70

Q-PCR: 6.4 x 10-4 and remarks of "MBCR-ABL fusion transcripts at a level of 6.4 x 10-4. There is an increase of BCR-ABL transcripts to the previous result but the difference is not significant. A new sample is recommended in 3 months.

My questions:

1) It seems that I lost PCRu?? The first test wasn't clear, it said molecular remission but major or complete?

2) What is my log reduction? neither the 1st or the 2nd test said anything of it....and I didn't have PCR test at DX.

3) Is this jump significant? what should I do now? the doctors told me not to worry and the jump isn't significant like the lab said, what do you guys think? Should I ask for an immediate PCR test? kinase mutation test? switch drugs?

Thanks a lot

MOE

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

The May PCR showed as negative (PCRU).  Maybe this was accurate, or maybe it took longer to process the sample or several other quality factors.  The current (October) PCR appears to be .06% which would likely still be MMR, but you should ask your Onc if it is, and what the log reduction is.  At these levels a Kinase Mutation Test probably would not work due to low sensitivity of the test.  And these results do not show a kinase mutation or loss of response.  It just shows that PCRs are not as accurate as we would like them to be.  My guess would be that you were not actually PCRU on the May PCR.  Just a guess.  The recommended approach would be wait and see what the next PCR shows, but probably should do one in 3 months instead of 6 months.

#3 phillyfan23

phillyfan23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:33 AM

thanks Trey,

but is that increase a significant increase? and how could you measure log reductions when I didn't have PCR at DX?

thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users